• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Well, got a little more info from the previous owners.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I’m missing the wood dowel (and something else I think? I can’t tell). But this this is MASSIVE!

View attachment 420525
Aw she looks pleased. I agree with the dowel and that maybe the version that has the hanging hook for a toy.

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
Shame you don’t live closer I have loads of dowel perches my cages came with

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
There were things that didn't add up when I adopted Bebe too. Even though he is not a cockatoo. He was extremely quiet, still is, when previous owner (PO) said he was loud. He was according PO was non verbal. He is closet mumbler. But what he mumbles about explains a lot of his previous life before he came here. He knows some extremely naughty words in male voice. Then there is crying in more feminine voice. That was more then I needed to know. The funny thing is Bebe only vocalizes that after he is covered for the night. Once great while it will pop up if he hears loud arguing some place else.
I think that any rehomed parrot comes with baggage. Some good, some bad and some really bad. All we can do is help unpack what we find, sort thru, keep the good stuff, work thru the bad. At least you have vet records, that lovely play stand.

Kiwi's Dad

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sebastian
Maybe you can add a natural wood perch to it? I agree that's a huge playstand :wideyed:

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Aw she looks pleased. I agree with the dowel and that maybe the version that has the hanging hook for a toy.
Yeah there’s this big hook that I would assume is for a hanging toy, but I can’t figure out where it goes. There’s no hole for it that I can find

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Wow she actually looks small on that :wideyed:
Right?! That tray is 30” diameter, I’m having to rearrange the whole living room to fit this :roflmao:

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yeah there’s this big hook that I would assume is for a hanging toy, but I can’t figure out where it goes. There’s no hole for it that I can find
It may have been part of the dowel or somehow related to that area possibly?

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
Right?! That tray is 30” diameter, I’m having to rearrange the whole living room to fit this :roflmao:
Good reason for a sort out haha

have other birds met her ?

MnGuy

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Wow, those stands are so expensive. It was very generous of them to give to you for free.

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
It may have been part of the dowel or somehow related to that area possibly?
That’s my only guess. I think what I’m going to try to do is pick up a dowel from Home Depot and see if I can’t figure out how to screw it in somewhere myself.

Kiwi's Dad

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sebastian
That’s my only guess. I think what I’m going to try to do is pick up a dowel from Home Depot and see if I can’t figure out how to screw it in somewhere myself.
Maybe @JLcribber has some ideas

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Good reason for a sort out haha

have other birds met her ?
Burt’s officially gone back home, he met her sort of - he was in his cage the first time I brought her into the bird room. He wasn’t a fan lol.

Pudge wants nothing to do with her. Not aggressive, or really even obviously fearful, he’d just “rather not, thanks.” He’s having a hard day though, it’s very clear he misses his buddy.

Tteok is… I guess cautiously curious? He’s like’s getting close to her and singing to her when she’s not looking, but as soon as she turns towards him he scampers off (hilariously scampers - he doesn’t fly off, he just does his funny little tiel trot). She loves him though, which I guess isn’t surprising considering she used to share a cage with a smaller bird. I think he’s helping her to open up a lot because she watches what he does, and you can tell she’s examining the situation.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
There should be holes in the metal bar for the dowel to be screwed into.

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Wow, those stands are so expensive. It was very generous of them to give to you for free.
I know! Honestly I can’t believe they 1) Gave away a $1500 (at least!) bird, and 2) Gave away a, what, $200 stand?

I guess I’m glad if they were giving her away, she came to me, if that makes sense. They said they’d also talked to a different guy beforehand and he gave them weird vibes.

Kiwi's Dad

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sebastian
Pudge wants nothing to do with her. Not aggressive, or really even obviously fearful, he’d just “rather not, thanks.” He’s having a hard day though, it’s very clear he misses his buddy.

Tteok is… I guess cautiously curious? He’s like’s getting close to her and singing to her when she’s not looking, but as soon as she turns towards him he scampers off (hilariously scampers - he doesn’t fly off, he just does his funny little tiel trot). She loves him though, which I guess isn’t surprising considering she used to share a cage with a smaller bird. I think he’s helping her to open up a lot because she watches what he does, and you can tell she’s examining the situation.
I hope pudge cheers up!

I can imagine Tteok scurrying away:lol:

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
There should be holes in the metal bar for the dowel to be screwed into.
Hmm. That cross bar has REALLY long bolts, I wonder if the dowel goes across the bar. But then what would the two higher side posts be for?

I need to see if I can find a maker name in it :roflmao: I am not a build-things creative type. I don’t do puzzles:lol:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Hmm. That cross bar has REALLY long bolts, I wonder if the dowel goes across the bar. But then what would the two higher side posts be for?

I need to see if I can find a maker name in it :roflmao: I am not a build-things creative type. I don’t do puzzles:lol:
Are there holes in the tops of the two side posts? Your stand is slightly different to the ones I have seen here but usually there is holes for the bolts to to hold the dowel in place.

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Are there holes in the tops of the two side posts? Your stand is slightly different to the ones I have seen here but usually there is holes for the bolts to to hold the dowel in place.
There is, but they’re different sizes, so I don’t know what that’s for. I’ll get some additional detailed pics