• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Welcome to Herp Haven

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
A place to scale down and share stories, post pics and ask questions about your snakes, lizards, amphisbaenids, turtles, terrapins, tortoises, crocodilians, tuataras, frogs and toads.

Have fun and enjoy the colors!

Zoso

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Bob
Aside from our flock of feathered children we also have a apricot milk snake, a juvinile bearded dragon, and a 8 year old African spurthied tortoise (sulcata). The silly milk snake, although full grown will still only eat frozen pinkies with a little fuzz on them (fuzzies). I bought hoppers that he is quite capable of eating but he won't for some reason. The bearded dragon is about 7 months old. His name is AXL. AXL is a P I G! AXL can eat 30 crickets at a time or 100 large phoenix worms without batting an eye. Needless to say his food costs a fortune. I cant wait until he becomes an adult and he starts eating more veggies and less live food. Our sulcata's name is Tortie and Tortie is also an eating machine. Tortie eats alfalpha and a head of lettuce every day. When its nice outside he enjoys going out in the yard and grazing on the lawn and soaking up the sun. Tortie is the fastest animal with a shell that I have ever seen. Tortie also comes when you call him.
There you have it, my herps in a nutshell. I'll take some pics and share them soon.

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Can't wait to see some pics. A head of lettuce a day! 30 crickets! :eek:

Zoso

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Bob
IMG_0860.jpg I went to Petsmart tonight to get my usual 45 large Crickets for AXL. They were out of bags of 15 so I asked the clerk if they would get me 3 bags from the back. When he came out he had 45 crickets in one bag! I put them all in his tank and he ate them all but 3! What a herp piggy!
This is Axl in his feeding cage. I feed him in a seperate cage because he runs around like a crazy person when he eats and and knocks his food and water all over the place.I ordered 1000 Phoenix worms for him today, I will upload a video of him eating his usual 100 when they come.

Kermit

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jacque
besides the fids i have 9 snakes(2 ball pythons, great basin gopher, mexican black king, irian jay carpet python, argentine boa, dumerils ground boa, colombian boa, and a western hognose), 2 bearded dragons, 4 turtles(2 red ear sliders, 2 stinkpot musks), and 3 tortoises(2 hermann's and a sulcata)

i also have 32 tarantulas but those aren't herps...their arachnids

my big(6.5ft 10-15lbs) female colombian boa named Zangria

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Wow, Jacque, your snake is beautiful but I have to admit, a little intimidating. ;)

Bob, Axl is awesome looking, very determined looking. :lol:

Zoso

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Bob
Axl is such a pig that I bought 1000 Phoenix worms this time. I opened the much larger tub that they came in and dumped some into his bowl. Well I accidently completly filled his bowl with well over 100 of the little crawley things. Before I could reach in and put some back he was munching so I sat back and watched him eat the entire bowl full in under 5 minutes! He is such a little hoggy jaws! (Look at the size of this feeding bowl in an older picture and imagine it completly filled with Phoenix worms)

Attachments

Charity921

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Charity
In addition to our feather babies, we also have two Leopard Geckos- Cheyenne (9yo female) and Randy (6yo male), and a Bearded Dragon- Daxter (4mo male).

Until we got Daxter, the Leo's had only eaten crickets and super worms, but I'm sick to death of crickets. They smell, they're noisy (although honestly, I'm used to that), and it's been a pain to get them consistently since we moved to this area. So when we got the Beardie, he had been raised on dubias... I can honestly say I never thought I would BUY roaches, but now I'm raising the darn things. I have to admit that they are much better to keep than the crickets! Our guys also get supers, mealworms, and black soldier fly larvae. The beardie gets fresh greens twice daily, but doesn't seem to like much else in the way of fresh veggies. I keep trying...

Attachments

Andrea G

Meeting neighbors
Hi All... I keep frogs... At the moment I have a group of nine african dwarf aquatic frogs, in the past I've had african clawed frogs... One that lived 23 years! I also have a Betta fish I adore... But that's not a herp :) IMG_20180810_233125835_LL.jpg IMG_20180805_221103357_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg