• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Welcome to Bailey!!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Congrats on getting Bailey!

Birdie Mama

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
so for an update on Bailey!

he has been with us a week today but you would think it has been years! He is so sweet. Kudos to the breeder for socializing him so well...

he has been out of the cage from the time we got home, Except at bedtime or when we go out, no problems with stepping up but when he does not want to step up, he throws himself on his belly and gives us his head for scritches - just adorable! He eats all his veggies with no issues as long as the seed is put in after. No problem with pellets either.

he knows his name already, responds to it too which really surprise me. Loves to come outside and enjoy the beautiful warm fall we are having so far, and did I mention he loves to eat? He is worse that a baseball team full of teenagers after a game!!

the only thing he has taken exception to so far is being covered up at night, does NOT like that, goes round and round in the cage till i expose part of it to the living room, even though the whole back side except for 3 inches at the top is all open, facing the window, so he has light from next door. The other night he ratted me out on it too! covered him and there he goes doing his laps, hubby comes into the kitchen and bailey called to him so hubby went over to see what is the problem...what problem?!

Well my goodness Bailey proceeded to tell him all about how mom is so mean, she covers him up and he doesn’t like it, would pause, hubby would ask a question, and Bailey would launch into his next whining session and then wait for papa to respond again....he did this for about 5 minutes straight! Then papa says, so sorry to hear that but life sucks, Bailey squawked once more then went to sleep!

He is so cute and funny, but still cannot get over how socialized he is. I miss Kiwi horribly but he is making much easier to go and though I felt guilty for wanting another bIndy so soon, I am so glad we did. :heart: :heart:

Attachments

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Bailey sounds so adorable.

Birdie Mama

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
He really is..

trying to test his boundaries already. I do need some suggestions though..

when I put him back in the cage and he does not want to go, he chomps down on my fingers and won’t let go. Even when I try to pry his beak apart, he will not let go. I have to shake my hand until he loses his footing and has to let go because he is falling off my hand. I always no sternly and get him off and ignore him for a minute or so, but this only works during the day. When he knows it’s bed time he refuses to let go...any ideas anyone??

bonus photo Bailey enjoying his breakfast

Attachments

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Put him in the cage, behind a perch, then move your hand towards you slowly so he has to step up on the perch, quickly remove that hand and reach in with the other and give him a treat.
Love the photo! :swoon:

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Welcome aboard Bailey! Gorgeous mutation!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew