• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Welcome my new little girl, Dori!

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Dori's first bath. Gigi was on my shoulder and I carried Dori in on the play gym. Gigi flew to her bath perch and I sprayed her a while with Dori watching. Then I gave Dori a few mists and she flew around the bathroom a bit. I was able to get her pretty wet eventually. It will just be a matter of time before she is hanging upside down like a bat, begging for more. I like this picture as it differentiates the 2 greens so well. Gigi, top, is normal green. Dori is dark green even when dry. :)

1612980605274.png

Zara

Try to be a rainbow in somebody else´s cloud ❤️
Super Moderator
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
They´re so beautiful!!
Do you think she enjoyed the bath?

Dona

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
They´re so beautiful!!
Do you think she enjoyed the bath?
Aww thanks!
I'm not sure she enjoyed it, but she didn't hate it, lol. I offered a little water in the sink too, but that was a solid no. I will just keep at it. Slowly. She's back on my shoulder so apparently not holding a grudge.

This pic is so cute with both my girls that I just changed my avatar. I felt guilty with just Dori. :)

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
The "monkey see, monkey do" will get to her eventually. Even though Sherbie doesn't like Rupert, if he's taking a bath, she is much, much more likely to want one if she sees him splashing. Same goes for snacks. The other day, I was using the sunflower seed container for a drum (Rupert likes it), and Sherbie saw and yelled at me until I gave her millet.

Dona

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
The "monkey see, monkey do" will get to her eventually. Even though Sherbie doesn't like Rupert, if he's taking a bath, she is much, much more likely to want one if she sees him splashing. Same goes for snacks. The other day, I was using the sunflower seed container for a drum (Rupert likes it), and Sherbie saw and yelled at me until I gave her millet.
Aww cute lovebirds. Love the competition.
Oh yes! Dori was very interested in Gigi's experience. And loving baths is in the Linnie play book, so I bet she will love it in time.

Matto

Vendor
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matt
Dori's first bath. Gigi was on my shoulder and I carried Dori in on the play gym. Gigi flew to her bath perch and I sprayed her a while with Dori watching. Then I gave Dori a few mists and she flew around the bathroom a bit. I was able to get her pretty wet eventually. It will just be a matter of time before she is hanging upside down like a bat, begging for more. I like this picture as it differentiates the 2 greens so well. Gigi, top, is normal green. Dori is dark green even when dry. :)

View attachment 372882
I gave the babies 1 mist shower when they were fledged and nearly weaned, they all seemed to really enjoy it.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
Nonsense. We all know you wear those miniature quilts so that the Royal Linnie Ladies can rest comfortably. :queen: