• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Welcome home Momo

Gokha

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Gaukharay
The moment I saw the bird, I couldn’t help myself and we took it home.

Is it a he or she? Or only the DNA test would tell for sure? I’m new to cockatoos, but something tells me it’s a female

Decided to name it Momo :D

taking it to the vet on Saturday or Sunday. Isolated from other birds, hopefully he/she is healthy. Already enjoying some head scratches, already got slightly bitten 3 times:roflmao: really excited about our new journey.

will be happy to receive any advices. Her previous owner used to feed some seed mix with dried fruits and vegetables. Planning to gradually switch her to Harrison’s pellets and fresh vegetables 6D098BA8-7A6E-47C4-8A0C-1D25E5F8406A.jpeg 1241A1F8-1D74-4326-BD35-1F6DEC8705B2.jpeg A340F508-9942-413D-B477-AA4E8E86F594.jpeg I

Mantis64

Rollerblading along the road

Is it a he or she? Or only the DNA test would tell for sure? I’m new to cockatoos, but something tells me it’s a female

taking it to the vet on Saturday or Sunday. Isolated from other birds, hopefully he/she is healthy. Already enjoying some head scratches, already got slightly bitten 3 times:roflmao: really excited about our new journey.

will be happy to receive any advices. Her previous owner used to feed some seed mix with dried fruits and vegetables. Planning to gradually switch her to Harrison’s pellets and fresh vegetables View attachment 345292 View attachment 345293 View attachment 345295 I
So cute my dream bird to own one day.

Mantis64

will be happy to receive any advices. Her previous owner used to feed some seed mix with dried fruits and vegetables. Planning to gradually switch her to Harrison’s pellets and fresh vegetables View attachment 345292 View attachment 345293 View attachment 345295 I
Even though it's not 100 percent boy galahs hage brown eyes and girls have red I'm pretty sure.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
What a gorgeous bird! Congrats and I hope it all works out!

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
What a gorgeous bird!
Have you ever had a Cockatoo?
If not, you're in for a heck of a time. :D
I hope your a fast learner, though Galahs might be smidgen more easy than some of the others.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Congratulations!

Sylvi_

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
Stunning Galah, I wish you many great years with them!
‘Too’s are quite the characters so best of luck. :lol:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Congrats. Momo is beautiful.

Gokha

Real Name
Gaukharay
What a gorgeous bird!
Have you ever had a Cockatoo?
If not, you're in for a heck of a time. :D
I hope your a fast learner, though Galahs might be smidgen more easy than some of the others.
Thanks! This is my first time owning a medium-sized bird in general :D
So far so good, she’s been a very sweet girl (just assuming it’s a she). She kept munching on her food since morning, playing inside the cage and coming out willingly when I come to the room she’s in.
I got her a large cage, but didn’t have time to buy proper perches and toys. Going to do that today, hopefully she’ll like her new home :D

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
Thanks! This is my first time owning a medium-sized bird in general :D
So far so good, she’s been a very sweet girl (just assuming it’s a she). She kept munching on her food since morning, playing inside the cage and coming out willingly when I come to the room she’s in.
I got her a large cage, but didn’t have time to buy proper perches and toys. Going to do that today, hopefully she’ll like her new home :D
Yayyyyy! We'll want more pics with all her toys and her nice big cage!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Congratulations:)

Gokha

Real Name
Gaukharay
Yayyyyy! We'll want more pics with all her toys and her nice big cage!
This is yesterday when we just put her in. Right now she has one extra perch up high where she slept and a toy. She looks so tiny inside this humongous cage :roflmao: I ordered another cage, but they didn’t manage to deliver it on time, so I had to order this one by looking at the pictures only. Didn’t expect it to be this big, this cage is taking up quite some space:laugh:
A08F7440-BD5C-4B65-8E6E-D634E4C406A2.jpeg

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
This is yesterday when we just put her in. Right now she has one extra perch up high where she slept and a toy. She looks so tiny inside this humongous cage :roflmao: I ordered another cage, but they didn’t manage to deliver it on time, so I had to order this one by looking at the pictures only. Didn’t expect it to be this big, this cage is taking up quite some space:laugh:
View attachment 345336
I can't find her in it! It's too big! :lol: