• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Weird sound accompanied with body shake

enigma731

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
I wonder if you're seeing focal motor seizures. If you exhaust everything else, I might consider trialing an anticonvulsant.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Thanks for answering all the questions. There was one revealing thing that stood out to me. I did think I heard a vocalization of a cockatiel but had to ask about other birds since it was faint. Cockatiels are in the catagory of Old World birds and produce a fine powder dust. Conures are New World birds and are sensitive to the dust produced by Old World species. Given the length of time you've kept your 2 cockatiels and conure together I suspect part of the problem could be the exposure to the tiel dust for an extended period of time. Do you keep any air filtration/ Hepa filters running at all times in the room they share? Is the door always closed to the room housing all three of these birds.

@Hankmacaw

This copied and pasted from the link for quick reading:

1. Cockatiel Dust

The cockatiel is one of three commonly kept parrots that create an abundance of bird dust. The other dust culprits are the cockatiel’s close cousin, the cockatoo, and the African grey parrot. You might notice a layer of fine, white dust covering pretty much everything near your cockatiel’s cage, especially objects that draw dust with static, like the television. This dust comes from white powder-down feathers that grow close to the bird’s skin. These feathers emerge among the down feathers, and both are used to help insulate the bird. What’s unique about the powder down feathers is that the tips crumble into a fine dust as the bird preens, spreading the powder throughout the feathers and helping to waterproof the bird.

The dust isn’t a problem for most people, but it can create respiratory issues and even aggravate asthma for others. Cockatiels can cause allergic reactions in other pet birds kept in close proximity; macaws seem to be especially affected by dustier bird species.