• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

We Post So Many Sad CRAIGSLIST Ads, Here a Fantastic Ad to Rehome a Bird...

Status
Not open for further replies.

J*M*L

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Julie
Just a little positivity... :dancing:

Green Quaker (Killeen)

Date: 2010-01-19, 10:31PM CST
Reply to: comm-zx9gv-1561274710@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

I'm very sad to do this, but it's for her own good. I have a quaker and I'm afraid my yorkie is going to kill her.
She has not been DNA'd, but I just call it her! She is a year old, and very sweet and loving. She still has some
of the quaker attitude of course, but she wouldn't be a quaker without it! She is talking a little. She says gimme kiss
and then makes the cutest kissing sound. She says her name and is mimicking other noises she hears. She is very
smart and will make someone a great pet! SHE IS NOT FOR BREEDING!!! I want her to go to a great home where she
will be a member of the family. She will come with her cage, toys, and food. I am asking a rehoming fee of $200 for all.
When responding, please provide the following information. If all questions are not answered, the e-mail will be deleted.

Do you rent, and if so, is it a house or apartment? Quakers can be very loud and are not typically good apt. birds.

Do you have other pets? If so, what are they and have they ever been around birds.

Do you have experience with parrots? (Not parakeets, cockatiels, or other small birds.)

What do you know about quakers?

Do you work? If so, how many hours/week?

Are you willing to change things in your household to accomodate her? There are certain things that CANNOT be used around birds or fed to them. Please tell me a few of these things so that I know you are aware of it.

Please feel free to provide any other information that will help me decide if you are the right person for my baby to go to!
I'm having trouble getting my pictures from my phone to my computer, so I don't have any to put up or e-mail.
But, if you know about quakers, then you know that the greens pretty much all look the same!

Quakers aren't a good fit for me, but I invited her to try to find a home for her here on Avian Avenue.

Juhi882

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Juhi
she seems to be a nice parront , and really loves and care for her baby,
sad she have to part with her, hope she finds a good home for her precious lil girl...

its good you invited her to join AA. :highfive:
what was her reply? will she?

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Now that's what I'm talking about! :laughing12:

It's wonderful to see that they are asking questions and etc to make sure she goes to a good home. Ah, what a relief.. not "I'll swap a Quaker for a motorbike/laptop" etc.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
at last a good ad..

avianantics

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Shelly Wing
It is a good ad, by somebody that seems to truly understand and care. Course if it were me the ad would be for the Yorkie! LOL!

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Makes me happy to see someone that values their bird on craigslist :)

Mystics Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tanya

It's wonderful to see that they are asking questions and etc to make sure she goes to a good home. Ah, what a relief.. not "I'll swap a Quaker for a motorbike/laptop" etc.
:omg: i get that SOOO much..i get so ANGRY..people offer me stuff for living beings

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Seems ironic to me. All that's really needed here is some dog training and a little behavior modification and she could just keep the bird. The little dog is leading the pack over there and that is where the problem is. JMHO

thebirdnerds

Real Name
Jennifer

I second that! :laughing12:

thebirdnerds

Real Name
Jennifer
Seems ironic to me. All that's really needed here is some dog training and a little behavior modification and she could just keep the bird. The little dog is leading the pack over there and that is where the problem is. JMHO
Absolutely! I have 2 large dogs and one of them is a great dane mix. I also have 4 cats and I have never had a problem with them and my birds. However, lol I am the pack leader :)

J*M*L

Real Name
Julie
its good you invited her to join AA. :highfive:
what was her reply? will she?
Here's our conversation... :)
I want to tell you that I LOVE the ad for your bird. These are questions that EVERYONE should ask when rehoming their birds. I wish I saw more ads like this.
I am not looking to add a quaker to my flock, but you should post a thread on rehoming your bird at www.forums.avianavenue.com and maybe someone will take her in or know someone who will. You may even get some good advice on how to keep both you bird and your dog safely. Good Luck.
-JL
Thank you for the information! I will look into that. I have had the yorkie since July. She was a rescue out of Austin. I added the bird to the family about a month ago. I really wish there was a way to make this work, but there's just not. I regret not putting more thought into adding a bird to the family. I have tried everything to make this work. The only solution is to keep them in separate rooms. That's just not fair to either one since they both go nuts when they can't see me! They both love human attention and it's just not fair to them. The bird is still young enough and so affectionate and friendly that I think she would transition to a new home better. The yorkie, well, that's a different story! She's come a long way, but still has a long way to go!

Ugh, that's the WORST!!

It is a good ad, by somebody that seems to truly understand and care. Course if it were me the ad would be for the Yorkie! LOL!
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

It sounds to me like both the dog AND the bird need some behavior modification. I did suggest to her that someone on the Avenue might be able to help her keep both pets. "but you should post a thread on rehoming your bird at www.forums.avianavenue.com and maybe someone will take her in or know someone who will. You may even get some good advice on how to keep both you bird and your dog safely." I actually had Vicki in mind.

Archiesmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
I can see where she is coming from, to take the Devils Advocate. It takes a lot of time and dedication to take care of birds, and that is often underestimated quite a bit. Its the same with getting a rescue dog. Depending on their past situation, they can be significantly more difficult to socialize and work with. I'm going on 1 year with my severely traumatized puppy-farm pom, and while we've come SUCH a long way (she climbs stairs and walks on a leash, ground, knows all the basic commands, etc) house training will have its relapses, and some days are better than others. Its an everyday struggle.

J*M*L

Real Name
Julie
It sounds to me like both the dog AND the bird need some behavior modification.
I can see where she is coming from, to take the Devils Advocate. It takes a lot of time and dedication to take care of birds, and that is often underestimated quite a bit.
I agree with you and I definitely understand where she's coming from. It's hard enough working with one pet on their behavior, much less two at the same time. I'm sure it can be done, but I don't envy that task!

Lex123

This is simalair to the ad KeeWee's old owner had posted. His old owner, an 18 year old boy, was just moving out for college. it killed him to leave his bird, but his parents worked all day and couldn't care for KeeWee. The were VERY serious about finding him a great home...... He found one! I hope this Quaker is just as lucky as KeeWee!

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
I so agree. We each make choices.

Peggy

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy

Absolutely! I have 2 large dogs and one of them is a great dane mix. I also have 4 cats and I have never had a problem with them and my birds. However, lol I am the pack leader :)
3 dogs here...sheep dog, italian greyhound (yep, a site hound) and a Jack Russel Terrier. Oh and then there are the two cats.

A little training of all the species go a long way. There needs to be some management of each species. For those new to this, you just don't throw the mix together. But any training goes a long ways even if I train dogs birds feel some of the effect.

Peggy

Status
Not open for further replies.