• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

We lost her, we lost her last night (Monday)

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sushi our cat went downhill so fast. Even the vet was surprised. We discovered her heart was enlarged but last week x rays showed she did not have fluid around her lungs. She had a lot on her lungs yesterday. She went blind last week. Yesterday I found her in her resting spot with labored breathing and rushed her to the vet, not even sure she was still with us as I sped to the vet when her breathing settled down. There was a lot of fluid in her lungs that was not there just days ago, so the vet did what they do and Sushi was put in an oxygen tent. I signed the DNR and the numerous procedures and things they had to do.

Hubby rushed home from a business meeting three hours away. He made it in time to say goodbye. This is so bloody hard. A few years ago it was me who was away when our other cat got sick Christmas Eve and was hospitalized. She's gone too. Dec 27 we had to say goodbye in the same fashion.

The vet said we could have kept Sushi alive, but she would have gotten worse before she got better, if at all. That was not even an option. She could not see or even walk. She would only suffer longer. No. I made the decision right away to let her go. It was the right thing to do.

If you have a cat or cats, love them while they are here because tomorrow they could get fatally ill. The vet said cats also hide illness!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am so very sorry for your loss.

Matt

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
I'm so sorry, Terri.

Cats do hide illness, and often when they think it's the end, they hide from everyone.

Kitties are so special and I'm thinking of you and your hubby :sadhug2:

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
I'm so sorry :(

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
So sorry.

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
I'm so sorry, Terri! :sadhug2:

Katy

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Sushi our cat went downhill so fast. Even the vet was surprised. We discovered her heart was enlarged but last week x rays showed she did not have fluid around her lungs. She had a lot on her lungs yesterday. She went blind last week. Yesterday I found her in her resting spot with labored breathing and rushed her to the vet, not even sure she was still with us as I sped to the vet when her breathing settled down. There was a lot of fluid in her lungs that was not there just days ago, so the vet did what they do and Sushi was put in an oxygen tent. I signed the DNR and the numerous procedures and things they had to do.

Hubby rushed home from a business meeting three hours away. He made it in time to say goodbye. This is so bloody hard. A few years ago it was me who was away when our other cat got sick Christmas Eve and was hospitalized. She's gone too. Dec 27 we had to say goodbye in the same fashion.

The vet said we could have kept Sushi alive, but she would have gotten worse before she got better, if at all. That was not even an option. She could not see or even walk. She would only suffer longer. No. I made the decision right away to let her go. It was the right thing to do.

If you have a cat or cats, love them while they are here because tomorrow they could get fatally ill. The vet said cats also hide illness!
I'm so very sorry for your loss. : (

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
:hug8:

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
:hug8: :hug8: :hug8:

hockeymomwood

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ellen
Terri... I am so sorry for your loss. :sadhug2:You are right in reminding us to appreciate them while they are healthy.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
I am so sorry

newatthistx

Real Name
Michele
I'm so sorry for your loss.....it takes a loving, caring pet owner to do what's right and best for their pet and its never easy on those of us that are left behind :hug8:

suileeka

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lindsay
:sadhug:I'm so sorry for your loss.

Run free, Sushi. :catrub:

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award