• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

We had a visitor today!

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
I was wondering why my bird feeders were empty of birds - Apparently there was a little somebody stalking them!

(He's a non venomous eastern black racer - fantastic to have around for pest control, but unfortunately will also eat my dang songbirds. He was released under my crawlspace)

IMG_6684.jpeg

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Ooh look at his little face! :heart:

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Ooh look at his little face! :heart:
He was a cutie! And so chill. Sooooo tempting to keep him :roflmao: he let me handle him for a good few minutes, didn't even threat posture or anything. An absolute doll:loveshower:

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
He was a cutie! And so chill. Sooooo tempting to keep him :roflmao: he let me handle him for a good few minutes, didn't even threat posture or anything. An absolute doll:loveshower:
I bet he's thrilled to get to live under the crawl space and find some yummies down there.

Shannan

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Shannan
awwww! So sweet! and so nice to hear that you showed him a new place to hunt, that didn't involve birds. We allow ours to stay in the barn area as they do a good job of reducing the mice population.

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
awwww! So sweet! and so nice to hear that you showed him a new place to hunt, that didn't involve birds. We allow ours to stay in the barn area as they do a good job of reducing the mice population.
I love my local snakes. Although when my chickens start laying eggs, he will likely make an appearance again :rolleyes:

Shannan

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Shannan
I have chickens and only one time in 20 years have I had an issue with a snake. He did not eat any chickens nor eggs but managed to snag one of my 1 week old chicks. He was a big indigo (yes the rare indigo snake) so we caught him and moved him to the back part of our property (We have 24 acres). Did not lose another chick.

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
I have chickens and only one time in 20 years have I had an issue with a snake. He did not eat any chickens nor eggs but managed to snag one of my 1 week old chicks. He was a big indigo (yes the rare indigo snake) so we caught him and moved him to the back part of our property (We have 24 acres). Did not lose another chick.
Oh man, I'd absolutely cry to see an indigo in my yard. They're my dream snake.