• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

We found a Sun Conure!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
poor baby..well of course he is screaming..he was on his own and half starved..so glad he picked your house to land in...put ads up etc and if you cannot keep him, maybe find a local rescue who is willing.

mego634

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Megan
BIG SIGH..... My breeder is weaning an english budgie at the moment that I absolutley love that he was going to GIVE to me.....I will have to wait now. If I cant find this litle guys owners/a good home for him, I may have to be his new mommy for a while. It is very important to me that he find a good home. I think he came to me for a reason. I am terrified that I will not be able to handle two birds that are this loud, and will baby Bongo learn their screams? I'm not giving up on finding this guys owners....But if i cant i need a plan b!

Erin1979

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Erin
Poor guy. Luckily he found you though, may not have survived much longer. Both of my Sun Conures will scream terribly if they are stressed or upset, which I bet he is.
Wish I was closer, I would love to help.

KatherinesBirds

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katherine
Post in Pets and Lost and Found.

Why would someone flag a found add? People are nuts.
This world is Chock Full Of Nuts!
I couldn't live very long with a screamer either. My new little Red Bellied picks everything up. I played Peek A Boo with her on a towel the other day and now she says "Peek Boo" whenever she wants ME! If I had a screamer she would pick it up quick.

Last edited:

TWR

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Maybe the screaming will lessen, when she feels more settled (safer). I don't find my sun Conure's screams to be too bad, or maybe I am just used to it. Poor baby, I hope she finds her real home soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Erin is correct...my sun screams terribly when upset but then she jumps in my shirt - calms her right down. Probably wouldn't be fun for you though. I hope she starts to feel a little more secure soon.

Last edited:

Tangle Elf

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
In is correct...my sun screams terribly when upset but then she jumps in my shirt - clams her right down. Probably wouldn't be fun for you though. I hope she starts to feel a little more secure soon.
:hehe: It would be like throwing a piranha down there.

Dana Lee

Real Name
Dana
Our sun only screams when upset, he was given to us for free due to "constant screaming". He doesn't do that here, but he has a larger cage here and a big window to look out of. Everybody loves him, his personality is bratty/hilarious :)

redlored

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim
Awe! I'm glad he found you but will keep my fingers crossed that he finds his owners. :heart:

mego634

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Megan
Well, he certianly has calmed down, i let him out of his little bitty cage last night and he flew around the house. He landed right in front of me and said "up up" and put his foot up. so i put my finger down there and he stepped right up then gave kisses. He is still very skiddish and the cage he is in is sooooooo small ;-( I do not have funds to get him another cage at the moment so he will just have to deal. But he does seem a lot happier, still screams a lot but im sure he is super stressed. I got a few phone calls from parrot alert, but no luch, no e mail or call to any okc adds for lost parrots and nothing from the vets so far....fingers still crossed this guy for sure is somebodys baby.

Daisy's Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
Hey Megan... :) Look what I just found.. :D I did a craigslist search for you and these people look like they are cleaning house and getting rid of a whole bunch of cages.. all different sizes from $10 to $75. Bird Cages Maybe explain your situation to them about finding this bird.. I betcha they would even drop the price a bit.. :)

fidsmom

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
Have you contacted Parrot Alert ? you could let them know, you found a sun conure.

mego634

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Megan
Hey Megan... :) Look what I just found.. :D I did a craigslist search for you and these people look like they are cleaning house and getting rid of a whole bunch of cages.. all different sizes from $10 to $75. Bird Cages Maybe explain your situation to them about finding this bird.. I betcha they would even drop the price a bit.. :)
Well arent you just amazing!!!! tytyty

mego634

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Megan
Seriously, i do not want to keep this bird, i have too many as is. But right now he is in his tiny cage singing "row row row your boat" and dancing and laughing when I laugh at him.

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
wow, I'm so glad he found you!! Thank goodness he flew to someone's house with birds!!:) Hope you're able to find his owners or keep him.. I agree about him coming to you for a reason.. I always try to keep that in mind too! Keep us posted!!

jeme3

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Julie
What a character! Somebody must be missing that little cutie.

Now that he's talking and singing it'll make it easier to be sure he goes back to the right family.

Status
Not open for further replies.