• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Wasabi's MOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

nellysmom

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Diane
I was sitting here reading posts and a thought occured to me. I know it has probably been discussed but honestly I don't have the patience to go and find it LOL
Anyway here goes. I think you said that you prepare all the birds dinner at one time? Does W get hot or cold food? What if you were to prepare his dinner in the morning and say keep it in the fridge till dinner time? The when it's time to prepare take his and heat it up or what ever you have to do and give it to him first. The go back into the kitchen and continue with what you have to do for the teils.
Maybe this would divert his attention from you being out of his sight for so long and making him upset.
Just a thought.:confused:

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
if hes anything like Mango he wants you in the room when he eats

talk about wanting company,,lol , Mango hates to eat alone also wants food at bed time as next meal is 15 hrs away

i cover Mango with 4 dark covers also pin then togather place one one way pin it the other the other way pin it and so on till hes realy in the dark
mango goes to bed him self around 9 pm and if i dont notice it he squacks for me and dosent start eating till i cover him,,lol

i will get him up about 1 pm but remember i only have 2 rooms and
im up all night so he need what he has and demands it

hes happy free and no tv or radio his decision and hes quiet most of the time

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Whoa, I just saw this, Diane! Wasabi gets his pellets at night. No warmed foods. Your idea is a very good one, thanks.
Although has been pretty good lately about not screaming while I put together his food, I will put your suggestion into practise.
It is very nerve wracking to be rushing to prepare his food so that I don't have to suffer that infernal screaming. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.