• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Walmart Bird Food Find

TheFatBIRB

Walking the driveway
Real Name
David
I was at Walmart today and decided to look at the pet bird aisle. It was actually not to bad. But I was surprised to see amongst all the seeds these bags of dehydrated greens. It was actually some awesome herbs for 1.00$ a bag. Just wanted to let you all know to check your Walmart's. I also wanted to see what you think about it. I am planning on adding it to my birds chop for more Varity. 20240113_152948.jpg 20240113_152929.jpg

TheFatBIRB

Walking the driveway
Real Name
David
@Elizabeth Thanks. I'll do some research and see reviews for this product. It does seem sort of off brand if you will. Thanks for the heads up.

TheFatBIRB

Walking the driveway
Real Name
David
Hmm. Interesting. I can't seem to find it on any other website other than Walmart and there was one review that said it killed her zebra finch. I'm pretty skeptical now, sadly I bought 4 of the bags which yes I know is only 4$ but still. Is there anyway I might be able to use it otherwise? Or do you guys think I could still use it for my birds. The review about the finch said that she fed it to her bird and it died six hours later. Coincidence or not? That's the only bad review about the product.

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
I saw this one Chewy! I'm very curious if your birds like it. The recall for the food was for a brand called 3-D. I don’t think this is the same one because the brand name is in the top left-hand corner I think. I wouldn’t give too much weight to the one review, especially if it’s only one review. I would be more willing to bet that was an issue with the bird itself, and not with something she was feeding it, unless she was feeding it wrong or something (feeding ONLY this, for example).