• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Waiting for DNA results....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bunkybird

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Trish
waiting~waiting~waiting~~~ for DNA results on "Tiki".....I have always thought she is a "SHE" mainly because of her smaller size and longer 'V' ......although, she has solid YELLOW vent feathers, sooooooooo :rolleyes: Sent the sample last Friday....

FunnyBird

Strolling the yard
OMG it's like going to your 18wk prenatal ultrasound!!!!! I know you've said you've beent hinking of her as a her but what are you hoping for??
How long do the results usually take? You getting them by email?

Lex123

Rollerblading along the road
Hmm, I think boy!! What do you want?

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha
Is that Tiki in your avatar pic? I would say female, the head seems a bit too round to be a boy.

Bunkybird

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Trish
The only reason I would hope boy instead of girl is that I don't ever want to worry about the "egg" issue. Other than that....I don't care either way.
Tiki just turned 1yr in March and talks up a storm...uses her words in context and speaks pretty clearly...I have read that Males usually will turn out to be the best talkers?:huh: The waiting will make me crazy......I keep checking the online results but since they are in Florida and I am in California...I would guess it will be a few more days......Natacha~with all those pois you have....what are your male/female differences?? Did you get them DNA'd??

Bunkybird

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Trish
Finchmama: Yes, it is like waiting for the ultrasound but having the baby in front of you already :rofl: This company will post results and mail you a certificate it is just the waiting that makes you nuts ;) Lexus, I love that little green Quaker you have there I would have considered one except they are not legal here in Cali.....so adorable :heart:

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha
Natacha~with all those pois you have....what are your male/female differences?? Did you get them DNA'd??
It's kinda hard to answer that without any bias since my birds all come from different backgrounds and often their past might have influenced how they now act.

Overall, my only female (Shade) is much sweeter than any of the males, as in more cuddly and much calmer. However...she's the only Poi I've had as a baby so maybe I had my hand in that? Petey, male, is also relatively calm, specially in comparison to my other Meyer's, Zuri.

I haven't seen any of them (yet) show any signs of aggression that I could really attribute to sex.

Status
Not open for further replies.