• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video - Nara meets Ikkuma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carbon

Walking the driveway
Finally, after several hours of playing and stretching his little wings, Ikkuma wore himself down and decided to sit on my chest and rest. I thought that was the perfect chance to allow Nara to approach him for a preening/bonding session. As you can tell from the video, she managed to unwrap all his pin feathers in one sit (notice the amount of waxy sheath under him). He looks so much better now, almost like a young sun (as opposed to a dino).

Needless to say, I wouldn't recommend that everyone introduce new babies to their adult conures right away. Babies are extremely fragile and adults can do a lot of damage in a split second. I've worked with Nara countless hours and I know how to read her body language and facial expressions very well. She's also very obedient and responds well to commands such as "stop", "be gentle", "no", etc. I am on full alert and they get undivided vigilant attention when they're not separated by a physical barrier. Also, my hand is always on or between them to prevent any unfavorable contact.

Last edited:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Very cute!

Matt

gayla

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Gayla

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
so adorable!!!!

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Aww,Nara makes such a good mama,Im so happy for her.

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
That was so sweet. She is exceptional and really was taking care of the new baby. I hope they have a great friendship.

Ginger

Jeddy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Jan
That's so cute. :hug8:

Moirana

Strolling the yard
very cute - for some reason, i had the impression she wanted to say something like "gosh, look what a mess you are today - pfff... alright, i'll fix that" :)

Status
Not open for further replies.