• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Vet Tape worked great!

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thanks to different ideas for vet tape some of you posted over time! I read some & Thanks to @Farlie & his Dad Rick for the great pics when Farlie's perches were covered. Helped us save a little money for a bit. I'm posting here as it made our life safer. No I don't have to immediately buy a new boing & Buddy can't get his toes entrapped.

This Boing had the inside metal piece on the outside. I had removed it for an unwinding & vacuuming. While inspecting it I found about 5" on this open part of the rope. I swapped out Buddys hard wood dowel perch to this soft boing. Until he starts sleeping in his big cage again. Then it will go atop & dowel will go in. I think it turned out pretty well.

IMG_20190203_222044.jpg

I also redid Buddy's Basket handle. He'd been chewing on some of the wicker. What I had on it to keep his feet from getting rough was leather. It was old & dirty & he wasn't very stable. His nails just couldn't sink in. I took that off added paper towels & used medical paper tape. I was trying to give different width areas for his toes & feet. This was the test, where he's supervised 99% of the time, We weren't sure if he'd try to eat or pick @ the vet tape. He didn't so it's now on his boing.

IMG_20190204_210218.jpg
Just wanted to share!

:gbh: Rain

Farlie

Real Name
Rick
:super: :yahoo: Looks really good.
As I mentioned in my vet wrap post, Farlie has started to chew thru all the vet wrap so keep an eye on it. ;)

I'm going to try patching the bad spots instead of replacing it all but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hopefully, Buddy won't start. He's with someone 99% of the time. He only got the basket edge & front handle because people like a few minutes of private in the privacy room. :shy:

He even occasionally has the chance to nibble @ the woodwork behind his cage & other than tracing the line w/ the very tip of his beak, he ignores it.

I was thinking the rope perch was going out the door, so what was a couple $ in vet tape. He chews it & its gone. I'll buy a new one. As far as the basket is concerned, I can always pull the vet tape & hemp twine over the paper towels. My biggest issue was I couldn't figure out a way to go over all these bigger than hemp twine wicker flat winding on the basket. I absolutely can't stand the feel of sisal & I worry about him w/ the long strands. He's a preener. I think the rope toys my dad gave him made him love that task.

:gbh: Thanks again Rick, I appreciate all your help. :)

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award