• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Vet and ceres

Lo_

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lauren
Percy has an appointment for the vet tomorrow and he will be tested for parasites (just as a precaution) and will have a "physical". He is quarantined right now but if the parasite test comes out negative, it should be okay to go ahead and house Percy with Echo right? I was going to ask the vet as well but I figured that is the main concern, spreading disease. Thoughts?

Also, I was looking at his cere today while we were training and it is looking pinker :confused: . I know he is really young so it is difficult if not impossible to be sure on sex but his cere was so purple and starting to turn blue when I brought him home I just assumed male. There is still some blue right around the nostrils and then purple on the edges but the pink is filling in the middle.

If he turns out to be a she I won't have a problem with that, it is just that I wasn't planning on dealing with a male and female, rather two males :wacky: . We will see as (s)he gets older! :D

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Parasites and physical doesn't cover diseases.

Lo_

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lauren
No worries, Percy is staying where (s)he is for now.