• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Velcro IRN...normal?

• Thread starter M.C Bird Rescue
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

M.C Bird Rescue

I have a velcro IRN named Rico. If you know about Rico and I,...he didnt really care for me very much at first..he downright hated me..and ONLY me. Now he loves me more than anyone but anyone in the universe can hold his yellow feathered butt! I am only having issues with his velcro action! He is an escapee and finds ways out of his flight cage constantly..I am always clamping here and clipping there, adding perches to doors..its nuts! He can really escape from any cage, looks for new ways all of the time. He is in a large flight cage, all by himself and he gets out..then I find him looking for me flying from room to room..landing on the curtans, find him everywhere ...so I lock him DOWN! No more escapee now...but before GEEZ!

Ok back to the Velcro issues. He gets literally PEED OFF if I handle any other birds, growls at them, beak bangs the cage bars, etc. He tries to get out of the cage at them if I am holding anyone other than MR> RICO the man incharge.

He is constantly wiping his beak on the bars..so much that he actually rubbed a little of it off. Is this normal behavior for an IRN? I have not had many through my home that are tame, and NEVER one so bonded so quickly. Are they usually velcro ? I usually hear the opposite like they do not like handling very often..and due to his lack of history..I do not know much about him, age...etc.

Rico was left abandoned in an apartment and was surrendered to Jen from the bird nerds rescue, which I adopted him from her.

Rico also does a beak bang on me. Anyone elses IRN beak bang them?

My only question is if this is normal behavior befitting an IRN. In my experience they are usually more hands off. But that could just be the birds I deal with. What is with the beak banging. I have never been beak banged before and I am not sure I like it. LOL :laughing12:

Kristy

Welcome to the Avenue!
I think when a IRN loves you they really love you.

You have done soo much for your yellow buddy there.

Perhaps the situation your IRN has come from has made him very clingy. Have to ask...does he scream much?? IRN screams make my ears bleed. lol

M

M.C Bird Rescue

No he doesnt scream..he beeps...lol :dance5:

Kristy

Welcome to the Avenue!
Beeps???

You have been blessed .:rofl:

Kristy

Welcome to the Avenue!
He is a keeper. (giant smile)

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
beak rubbing? or banging, Sunny rubs his beak up and down- a *love* action.

Sunny is best friends with Tiki, so he has company when I'm not around, so I don't have any escaping problems thank goodness. They have a cage open when I'm home policy in the bird room, free to go to each other's cages.

Sunny LOVES to be held, he's very content to just sit on your finger for long periods of time.

Be thankful yours loves you :rofl:
I don't think you want to be on the hated side regarding a ringneck :D

Kristy

Welcome to the Avenue!
Martine I soo would be scared of a mad IRN. Seriously I would run out of a room if one looked like they may attack.

**I think they may be ideally equipped to take down humans**

M

M.C Bird Rescue

HAHA I am a glutten for punishment. I took bites because he thought he could dominate. Now I can lay him in my hand on his back. I push...and was bloody, but look at him now..

:hehe:

M

M.C Bird Rescue

beak rubbing? or banging, Sunny rubs his beak up and down- a *love* action.

Sunny is best friends with Tiki, so he has company when I'm not around, so I don't have any escaping problems thank goodness. They have a cage open when I'm home policy in the bird room, free to go to each other's cages.

Sunny LOVES to be held, he's very content to just sit on your finger for long periods of time.

Be thankful yours loves you :rofl:
I don't think you want to be on the hated side regarding a ringneck :D

He bangs his beak on me...and ONLY on me.

M

M.C Bird Rescue

GREAT! Because did I mention it kinda hurts my neck? hahahahaha

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name