• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Veggies....problems and resolutions....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyler

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
Be careful. At one of our big weekend farmer's markets, a seller was a bit rude, I made a "friendly" comment about how nice it is to buy greens without pesticides and as I walked away with my purchase he uttered "No pesticides is she nuts". So now I'm back to Whole foods.

My budgies and sun love sugar snap peas. Rika goes (upside down of course) to her fruit/veggie bowl fishes a pod out, takes it up top and holding it lengthwise in her foot eats it like corn on the cob. She eats the pod but has fun letting the peas fall all the way down.

Lobby

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Mark Hogan
Be careful. At one of our big weekend farmer's markets, a seller was a bit rude, I made a "friendly" comment about how nice it is to buy greens without pesticides and as I walked away with my purchase he uttered "No pesticides is she nuts". So now I'm back to Whole foods.
Unless the produce at the farmer's market was stated to be organic most likely had chemical pesticides used on it. Organic doesn't mean pesticides weren't used for that matter, it just means organic pesticides or methods were used. I have been told that our local farmers market has a large variety of organic produce and I hope to visit soon.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I personally receive my produce from an organic produce supplier.:D It's important to verify.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
:(
they don't want sliced whole carrots.
they want sliced baby carrots.

so i go back to non-organic baby carrots now :huh:

didn't get to stop by the produce stand today :huh:

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:(
they don't want sliced whole carrots.
they want sliced baby carrots.

so i go back to non-organic baby carrots now :huh:

didn't get to stop by the produce stand today :huh:
They're like their Mama. They just want what they want.:heart::rofl: Keep offering the other stuff anyway. Perhaps one day, they'll decide the regular carrots are *worthy*:hug8:

Abby

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Mary
I was going to suggest a small veggie garden. It's amazing what you can grow in pots too. I'm a total rown thumb, I plant decorative plants during winter so I don't have to remember to water them properly.

We've got a small plot going atm (a project with my 8yo) with sugar peas, regular peas, kale, little round carrots, spinach and a couple of tomato plants. Part of the fun was planting the peas as seeds and watching them gradually grow. Yeah I can be such a mum some days.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
They're like their Mama. They just want what they want.:heart::rofl: Keep offering the other stuff anyway. Perhaps one day, they'll decide the regular carrots are *worthy*:hug8:
:lol:
Chickie ate them.....the rest said yuck :huh:

chickiecarrots.JPG

chickiecarrots2.JPG

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
I was going to suggest a small veggie garden. It's amazing what you can grow in pots too. I'm a total rown thumb, I plant decorative plants during winter so I don't have to remember to water them properly.

We've got a small plot going atm (a project with my 8yo) with sugar peas, regular peas, kale, little round carrots, spinach and a couple of tomato plants. Part of the fun was planting the peas as seeds and watching them gradually grow. Yeah I can be such a mum some days.
sounds wonderful!!!:highfive:

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That's awesome for Chickie!! She will lead by example!!;)

Sharpie

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
I was all set to say, "Frozen Peas? Salted? You're off your rocker!" Then I checked the bag I've got in the freezer :eek: You're right! Ingredients: Peas, Salt. :eek: Never even suspected they'd add salt to frozen peas!

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
What happens if I have been feeding my guys vegetables containing salt? because I have, i never ever thought to look...
no worries....it was only a small fraction of their diet. Plus I know folks whose birds live on lightly salted people food....

Status
Not open for further replies.