• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Uske - loud and cuddly GCC :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wacca

Sitting on the front steps
Avenue Veteran
Hello, everyone!

Well, as I said before, we are Milica and Uske from Serbia and we finally decide to join AA!

First of all, I'll try to explain how Uske got his name...

In our language GCC is called Braon_uši_papagaj wich literally means Brown_ears_parrot... So, UŠI = EARS, and Uške (that is how we write his name on serbian) means that hi has big ears (like elephant :rofl:).

Of course, that is not true, I am the one who has big ears because Uske is so loud... Especially in the morning.

We don't have problems with fruits and vegetables - he eats everything, but specially loves almonds. Give him an almond and he is absolutely yours - you can do with him whatever you want! Uske enjoy foraging toys and loves bathing (he is great snorkler, you will see). ;)

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
He looks very happy in all of those pictures! He really seems to like berries!

Matt

evsrin

Rollerblading along the road
Those are lovely pictures! He's so cute. I wish mine would love the water that much.

Jeddy

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Jan
Welcome to AA. Those are fantastic pictures. He really is going to town in the water bowl.:D

Micki

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Micki
Welcome! He is a real sweetie. Got to love to GCCs!!!!

Chewy

Real Name
Erin
That is sooo funny that he's a "snorkler" He is adoreable by the way. But the reason it is funny, is because so is my mom's dog a snorkler that is. Except he does it differently, he willt ake yyour ear in his mouth and bend it gently lol.
But your bird is much cuter :) And the sweetest looking GCC I have ever met. My friend has one, and it is mean.

Eliza

Jogging around the block
Uske is SUCH a cutie -- what great photos! I love the story behind his name, too.

I'd love to know more about parrot-keeping in Serbia. Are parrots popular pets there?

Wacca

Avenue Veteran
How many compliments... Wow, thank you! :hug8:

I'd love to know more about parrot-keeping in Serbia. Are parrots popular pets there?
Yes, parrots are popular pets, but most popular species are budgies and cockatiels - cause they are inexpensive and most people heaven't heard for the other species or aren't well informed. Of course, you can find people who have Cockatoo parrots, Amazons, Macaws, Sun Conures, Lorikeets etc... But they are rare. Also, GCC are sooo rare (I think that is because they are not so colorful and people think that they are boring :eek:), and you can't find them in pet shops. There are a few good breeders in Serbia and even it is more expensive to get bird this way, generally those birds are healthier and this is the only way to get hand raised parrots (Uske is not hand raised, but it doesn't seems so - crazy bird! :D). In the last 5-6 years situation in Serbia is getting much better, so now we can find here good food for our parrots (Versele Laga for example), perches, big cages, toys... Everything but pellets! :( In short, that's how it goes in Serbia. Not so bad, not so good. Average... But some of us are ready to do everything and more for our lovely pets!

Wacca

Avenue Veteran
Tonight, it's my turn to make dinner...

Cucamber, paprika, green tomatoes... What should I pick?!

Of course, I need to wash my hair to look nice...

...and clean my clothes...

I'm ready! :dancing:

Quest

Real Name
Judy
He is so beautiful!
Glad you shared pictures with us.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue