• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Update Sisi (aspergillosis)

Greylady1966

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Carol
Thank you for the video! Is she back on meds? She's loving the fruit cup. Grapes were Nikki's favorite :heart:

dollfish

Real Name
Zeynep Dollfish
I wish you lots of patience during this period. Much love to Sisi. I hope she gets better soon. :heart2:

Tvdv96

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tessa
Thank you for the video! Is she back on meds? She's loving the fruit cup. Grapes were Nikki's favorite :heart:
No problem at all! :joyful:
Yes she is getting nebulized again with some medication and she is getting a new oral medication. And some pain meds (novacam) for the first week to get her a bit more comfortable. I have to call the vet again next week to give an update and then again when she's had the medication for a month (earlier of course if she's getting worse).
Aww :heart: Sisi really likes them too.

I wish you lots of patience during this period. Much love to Sisi. I hope she gets better soon. :heart2:
Thank you so much! :hug8:

Greylady1966

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Carol
I'm sure I'll watch your video more than once. I do miss my Nikki.

Tvdv96

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tessa
It's been a while since I last posted an update, so I thought I would write a little update again. Sisi has been on meds again for a month now, and I don't really know..
The first time she got on her medication I could see a tremendous difference just in a few days, and this time around I just really don't see a difference. :( she isn't getting worse luckily, but she also isn't getting better. She does talk most of the days and she's still eating and drinking well, her weight is still good. But she also is really sleepy fast and tired most of the day, she isn't playing.. even if I switch around her toys. I think I will discuss with the vet what to do now, if we have to do an endoscopy again or if we have to maybe do some blood works again. Or if I just should continue giving meds for a longer time to she if she will react more to it.

But on a bit of a better note, I do have some videos of Sisi cuddling with me and playing with a little ball. She doesn't really dance at this moment.

http://instagr.am/p/CVpEoLqqCZ1/
http://instagr.am/p/CVpFw2kK0Z3/
http://instagr.am/p/CVpGG9wq7mN/
http://instagr.am/p/CVpGQQKK7d-/

Greylady1966

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Carol
My vet had to adjust Nikki's meds several times in the corse of her treatment. Sometimes vets leave room to make minor changes in how much to give them, at least mine did. She explained it's better to slowly increase or decrease the dose rather than make major changes all at once. Sisi is keeping weight on and eating and drinking well, all positive things. Sisi is beautiful and in good hands.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Roswell was on V-fend for many months and had several rechecks involving radiographs and asper titers. I also started him on Vetri-DMG and he still gets that daily.
Last time he had his recheck titer was negative and the lung area that was involved looked a lot better. Also added Sr. nutriberries to his diet for the milk thistle
but I have considered getting some liquid milk thistle and using that instead.
Sisi is cute and sweet and I hope that she will get better. You are doing the best you can for her.

Tvdv96

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tessa
My vet had to adjust Nikki's meds several times in the corse of her treatment. Sometimes vets leave room to make minor changes in how much to give them, at least mine did. She explained it's better to slowly increase or decrease the dose rather than make major changes all at once. Sisi is keeping weight on and eating and drinking well, all positive things. Sisi is beautiful and in good hands.
Thank you so much for your answer! It's good to be reminded that her weight, eating and drinking is a positive thing, I can be so focused on the things that aren't going well with her.
Maybe an adjustment of her medication will help, I could discuss this with my vet. Because I literally can see Sisi getting tired when nebulized.

Roswell was on V-fend for many months and had several rechecks involving radiographs and asper titers. I also started him on Vetri-DMG and he still gets that daily.
Last time he had his recheck titer was negative and the lung area that was involved looked a lot better. Also added Sr. nutriberries to his diet for the milk thistle
but I have considered getting some liquid milk thistle and using that instead.
Sisi is cute and sweet and I hope that she will get better. You are doing the best you can for her.
Vetri-DMG sounds wonderful I will look into that more, I see we don't have it available here in the Netherlands. But maybe I can find a store that ships it!
I hope the Sr. Nutriberries will come available here, I think Sisi would really enjoy them.
Thank you so much! :hug8: