• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

update post 175 **Found but in SERIOUS condition** Mercedez's Opa..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Sorry for my ill grammar and typos, I havent eaten since noon yesterday, and Im a bit shakey still from all that has happened.

Im angry at myself, and Im just praying that he will make it.:hug8:

cntrymeadow

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Rebecca
Thanks for the update Mercedez.
Im going to say if Opa has made it this far he should be fine!!!!
No idea what the dogs situation was but Im sorry it ended the way it did.

Did the vet say when you could bring Opa home?

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
oh my gosh Mercedez, I am so so sorry. I think you did the right thing. BIG hugs to you, I cant imagine how scary and stressful the whole situation must have been for you. Still sending lots of good thoughts and prayers that Opa gets better. Please take care of YOU too!! :hug8::hug8::hug8:

cntrymeadow

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Rebecca
Do NOT be angry with yourself.
Sometimes •••• happens.
You deal with it then move on.
Ask me, I know.

thejoie

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Joanna
Mercedez- my heart goes out to you.... I am so sorry this happened. I just caught up on the thread. My poor friend, you must have had QUITE the stressful day in the last 24 hours. But Opa is a fighter and I definitely will be sending him positive vibes all night tonight when I'm at work!
Lots of :hug8: for you!

allison

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
Oh my gosh. What an ordeal!
I'm so sorry that happened and I don't blame you for euthanizing Beez. Once a dog starts attacking humans, sometimes it is the best decision.

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
Mercedez, no time to be angry and blame yourself...focus on Opa...he needs all your positive energy now.

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
I am so sorry for all that you went through. No one is judging you here. You did what you thought was right. Try to get some rest and take care of yourself so you can be there for Opa.:hug8:

Holli

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Holli
No judging Mercedez. Not by me - that's for sure. I am so happy you found Opa and was able to get him medical attention. Even if blind and deaf - at least he will have a safe and loving home for the rest of his days. You did a great job!

ortegah

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
I'm so sorry for all you've gone through! I pray that Opa makes a full recovery!

Ziggymon

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Heidrun, or Mouse
If Opa ends up being blind in one eye, he will adjust. My Paco is blind in his right eye, and is still a marvelous flier, and always lands with precision.

igors mum

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
deb
glad to hear opa made it thru the night and perked up when he saw you and your mom. thoughts and prayers for you and opa still coming from me.

Emmilyy

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
Oh gosh Mercedez, I'm so sorry you've had to go through all of this in such a short period of time! I am crossing my fingers for you and Opa, and i know all of us here will be thinking about him and hoping he recovers!!

Billie Faye

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
Mercedez, glad you are OK from the bites and that you found OPA....stay strong, you have to eat to make sure you are OK to take care of OPA when he comes home....can't do that if you are stress/sick! Cayenne pepper will do a better job at clotting the blood wound better than flour!!!! It stops it COLD! .....
Take it one small step at a time....He has made it this far and that is good...many hugs coming for you!:hug8:

Karen

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Mercedez I am so sorry and am sending many healing thoughts and prayers to you and Opa.

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
:hug8:

platinum

Real Name
Sharon
:hug8: I'm glad you found Opa, and that he's doing well.

I'm also very sorry for the difficult decision made about Beez. I personally believe you did the right thing.

tammie

Real Name
Tammie
I'm so glad you got Opa and I hope he's healing. With all the prayers and good wishes going up he should be on the mend!!
You take care of yourself, take the time to relax and eat a bit. I know it's hard but you need to stay well and strong for when Opa is back with you.

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Mercedez, now that I've read what happened please know I am hugging your heart, hoping and praying for the best for Opa. Please take good care of yourself so you will be able to do the best for Opa when he comes home. :hug5:

zoomama

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Mercedez, I am glad Opa is doing a little better. I will keep praying for him, and for you. I can't imagine how difficult yesterday must have been for you, and stressful it must be having your Opa in the hospital. Hopefully he will recover quickly and be able to come home to be with you soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.