• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Update on Marley...

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Our small charge is coming along nicely. She is very vocal,and enjoys calling the other budgies- also loves to beat up on the bells in her cage. Vet visit went well, except she bit the snot out of the vet tech.
We will begin introducing Marley to Sky and Nimbus this weekend. Hopefully, they'll all do well.
One thing- Marley likes to sleep in her food dish. Unfortunately, she has bent, and broken two tail feathers! :eek: We've replaced the smaller dish with a larger one-and of course, she keeps jamming her little butt in there ,too.
Do you think I should get Marley one of those sleep huts? I've never had one for any of my birds,so maybe she would feel confortable in one...
It's such a wonderful thing having budgies chirping in the house again. :heart: BlueBerry was the most vocal of the budgies,and since he passed, the other two just weren't as vocal as before...

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Sleepin in the food bowl...awwwwww. :heart: you could try a sleeping hut, but remember, she may get territorrial over it. She sounds like a real cutie!

solo

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
jess
aww she sounds absolutely adorable :heart:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Sleepin in the food bowl...awwwwww. :heart: you could try a sleeping hut, but remember, she may get territorrial over it. She sounds like a real cutie!
You're right about about getting territorrial about the hut. I'm just thinking out loud. We had to snip the tail feathers because they were broken and just hanging on by a few threads. :( I know we had to do it, but snipping any feathers just makes me sad, I guess....:(

lupe

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lupe
She does sound so cute Bob....:heart:...:)

Katy

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
I think you should try the hut, and spare the feathers. If its a wastes $20, worth it. IMO. So glad she is bringing song ang happiness into your home again.:hug8:

Ziggymon

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Heidrun, or Mouse
Does she have a platform perch? She might like that to sleep on.

You could also zip tie a small basket to the side of her cage - something with fairly low sides, not much different in shape from her food dish. It might bring out nesting behavior, but then, the food dish or the snuggle hut might also.

So glad she's bringing the song back into your flock. :hug8:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I think you should try the hut, and spare the feathers. If its a wastes $20, worth it. IMO. So glad she is bringing song ang happiness into your home again.:hug8:
You are so right- Marley is bringing a little happiness back to our house. It's a home that is needful of some joy for a change.

I do owe you all some pics of Marley-I haven't forgotten. Hopefully my brother can come over early next week and get a few pics to post....