• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Update on Emmett and Jellybean and Petrie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ortegah

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
Well it's been 4 months now and it's amazing the transformation that has taken place with Emmett! :dance4: I'm totally in love with this big boy! He lays on his back in my arms and I sing to him and he just eats it all up. Yesterday after I had gotten up and did the morning food and water change I brought him in bed with me(I didn't go to sleep, just laid there with him) and he cuddled up under the blankets as I rubbed his soft skin around his eyes and he curled up and went to sleep for a bit :heart: Whenever I come in the room he rocks back and forth anxiously awaiting me to pick him up :D Now that he's more comfortable in the house his vocabulary has really come out. The other day in a women's voice he said, "WHATEVER!" :rofl: and also "Come here girl!" He meows like a cat and whistles just the most beautiful songs that are completely made up sometimes but amazes me nonetheless. I still miss my Dakota terribly and the bond we had but Emmett is helping to make the loss a little less painful ;)

Jellybean just talks up a storm! It's like a kid that's had too much caffeine! :lol: He is super clingy but he's starting to venture off of me and explore a little bit. He *almost* climbed over to see what my husband was doing last night. He's still working on a lot of confidence issues but he's getting much better. He has always had an issue with fingers and is overall pretty scared of hands but lately he'll climb down me and chew gently on a finger just to check it out and see if it's a nice finger :hehe: He let me pick the pins on his head the other day and he likes being petted for short sessions. He used to snap and really bite down after a while, but now the nips have turned into gentle warning nips and not the grind-to-the-bone kind of bites.

Petrie is really coming around! Her hormones have subsided some so she's being sweet for the time being :D She will step up for me although she still only has eyes for Daddy. She will spend every waking moment with him if he let her and if he doesn't get her fast enough, she'll climb out of her cage and come down the hallway and look for him :rofl: Her feathers grow back in but they get really itchy and sometimes she just can't help but pluck them back out. She does have a lot more feathers than she used to though :)

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
:yah: sounds like things are progressing nicely for you!!!

:hug8:

birdlover82

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
Aww. Thanks for the update. Sounds like they are doing great. And what a sweet story about Emmett cuddling with you.:heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.