• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Update on Cujo/Miss Daisy and new bird...

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarenA

Sitting on the front steps
Hi everyone. I just thought I'd pop in here and let you know how Cujo and Daisy are doing after their separation. After placing Cujo in the new cage, he really didn't object at all. However, it came to where he would hang on the cage up in the corner closest to Daisy all the time. When he flew out of the room and Daisy was still in her cage, she would get all flustered and call out to him. Then I noticed that the Cere (?-right above his beak) was looking irritated like maybe from keeping his head up in the corner. ?? So I moved him back in with Daisy. He's acting like a totally different bird! He sits nicely right next to her. I haven't seem him nip at her. I was worried that he might have been sick but he looks normal and acts fine out of the cage. He's just being really good! :confused:

So, since I had an empty cage and Cujo and Daisy seem fine, I went and got one of the Lutino's that I was thinking about. We've named her Lilo. I think she's a girl. I researched how to tell the sex and found to shine a flashlight behind tail feathers and look for yellow banding. She did have it and when I observed her in the cage she was quiter and calmer than what was a very obvious male by his sound and actions. She's doing well and is beautiful. When I walk up to the cage she coo's at me almost like a dove. I will try to get a picture soon and post it for you all. She's never been handled before and is just over a year old. I'm not sure how to go about getting her used to me to hand tame. But for now she's still getting adjusted.

Thanks to you all for your help! I wish I could contribute to other threads but I haven't had tiels long and don't know much.

Karen :)

crystaljam

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Crystal
Good steps so far :) I would entice Lilo with yummy food ;) Stryder goes wonky for millet when he's being "grumpy" and comes right over for it.

That and lots of talking back and forth and just making Lilo part of the flock by acknowledgement will go a long way :)

Cinnyluver

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Ana
Congrats on the new bird! I can't wait to see her. :)

SunUp

Avenue Veteran
Photos! We need photos! Congratulations...she sounds lovely. Lutinos are so pretty. :)

Quest

Real Name
Judy
Hope the tiels are still doing well.

Daisy's Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
Oh my Lilo is gorgeous.. :heart:

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
She's a beauty and, from your photos, she doesn't seem to be afraid of you since she seems to be sitting in her cage quite calmly instead of scrunched up in a corner asfar away from you that she could get. Don't mean to diss other tiels but lutinos are sooo pretty ... just something about the light yellow fading to an almost white combined with those pretty little cheeks and crest. :heart: :heart:

KarenA

Sitting on the front steps
She's a beauty and, from your photos, she doesn't seem to be afraid of you since she seems to be sitting in her cage quite calmly instead of scrunched up in a corner asfar away from you that she could get. Don't mean to diss other tiels but lutinos are sooo pretty ... just something about the light yellow fading to an almost white combined with those pretty little cheeks and crest. :heart: :heart:
Oh yes, and when she spreads her wings they are pure white. Beautiful! She's been quite calm for the most part except that for some reason she will sit on her perch and just screech away at 1 am! I can put my hand in with millet and just rest it on her perch and she will eat from me. Little by little she'll get used to me.

Karen

Status
Not open for further replies.