• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Update on Boogie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izzy_Bird

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lisa
You may remember that I took in Boogie as a foster rescue from a pet store where he lived for two years with no perches, very little out of cage time, no toys, etc.

I have decided to keep him, but have not officially let the rescue know yet. The other day an application came in for him. I asked him if he thought I should call the people. He looked at me and said "Be quiet please!" I figure since he doesn't care to discuss it, he must want to stay with me lol.

He is doing awesome! He has not plucked since he has been with me, and all of his missing feathers have returned. He is a quiet boy - no screaming, just quiet talking (my CAG is MUCH louder than him!) He loves checking out all of his new foods and toys. He plays with his toys from the moment he wakes up until bedtime. He gets so excited to get a new toy, I love watching him.

He still prefers not to be handled too much, and I respect that. He will step up when necessary.

I am so proud of my Boogie Boy. He's loving life now :)

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
aww, I am so glad that you are going to keep him! I can't wait to hear more about him!

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
You may remember that I took in Boogie as a foster rescue from a pet store where he lived for two years with no perches, very little out of cage time, no toys, etc.

I have decided to keep him, but have not officially let the rescue know yet. The other day an application came in for him. I asked him if he thought I should call the people. He looked at me and said "Be quiet please!" I figure since he doesn't care to discuss it, he must want to stay with me lol.

He is doing awesome! He has not plucked since he has been with me, and all of his missing feathers have returned. He is a quiet boy - no screaming, just quiet talking (my CAG is MUCH louder than him!) He loves checking out all of his new foods and toys. He plays with his toys from the moment he wakes up until bedtime. He gets so excited to get a new toy, I love watching him.

He still prefers not to be handled too much, and I respect that. He will step up when necessary.

I am so proud of my Boogie Boy. He's loving life now :)
Congratulations! I am so happy that you decided to keep him.:heart:

M

M.C Bird Rescue

YAY! Yes keep him..he already made HIS decision! LOL

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
I got tears in my eyes reading this..congratulations and bless you

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
He sounds like a little dream boat. Big congrats to you and Boogie :)

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
awww he sounds like he wants to stay too. Congrats on keeping him

Billie Faye

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
Lisa! Knew this would happen!!!!:dancing:
They worm their way into out hearts! You have done such a great job with him!:dance5::dance5::dance5::hug8::heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.