• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

<UPDATE NOW FOUND!!!>Emma flew out the back door!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
30 minutes ago!!!!!!Help me what do I do? She's gone.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bookworm

Jogging around the block
Real Name
thou
re: <UPDATE NOW FOUND!!!>Emma flew out the back door!!!!!!!!!!!

can you see where she went? i'm so sorry. i hope you get her back asap.

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG

did you see which way she went - is there any sight of her, do you hear her?

go out and start calling, talking to her

take Sachi outside in her carrier too

can you take her cage and put it outside? or at least one of her carriers, with food and water in it

can you recruit some folks to help you look?

I am so sorry - stay positive

:hug8:

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

I need to stay calm. She hasn't eaten breakfast yet. .. so .. she can't be that far.
It's very cloudy and starting to rain.. where do I start?

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria :)

O no!:( just prayed for Emma! I would start by calling her name, is she recall trained to fly to you? Could you bring Sachi out in a carrier and coax her to call to Emma? What about any favorite foods? Take a big bowl of her fav. food outside and call her, see if she comes for that. :hug8:

Last edited:

KimKimWilliamson

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson

Oh dear, Emma! She is very bonded to you, she will come home, Im sure of it.
Just do as the above posts mention, and take her cage and Sachi outdoors (Maybe cover Sachi's on three sides to keep her warm) and use food and toys you know she loves to persuade her. If she isnt making noise, she's probably just frozen in fear somewhere close so get out some binoculars and start searching!!
Im willing her home SOOO HARD!!!

Barbi

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Barbi

Krickett has made a couple of escapes and goes to the ground (We don't have much for trees near our house) and will not make a sound or move. I must actually lay eyes on her so don't forget to look near the bottom of bushes & shrubs. Hope you find her soon...how scary.

Quiverful

Life is a gift:)
Real Name
Dawn

Oh no! I am so sorry! You have already been given great advice. I would try all those things right away!!

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG

I need to stay calm. She hasn't eaten breakfast yet. .. so .. she can't be that far.
It's very cloudy and starting to rain.. where do I start?
start in the immediate vicinity - rooftops, trees, porches, bushes and on the ground

binoculars are a great idea

what is the temp there today -

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

bring her cage out there asap and lots of treat food..also if you can bring Sachi out there ...and start calling to her..so sorry this happened...

srtiels

Ripping up the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Susanne

OMG!...I just went thru this 3 days ago with my best white-backed mousebird hen escaping. I learned that they can fly...good and fast. She flew 150 yrds into some palm trees, but in looking couldn't find her. She was still within sound of the other birds. She came back and was hanging on the outside of the patio on the screen. I tried to net her, but all my birds are wise to nets and she took off. She came back an hour later and I missed netting her again. We are in our rainy season and there were heavy down pours. If mousebirds get wet they can't hold body heat and will chill and die. She was gone 3 days.

Yesterday we got a phone call from the neigbor across the fence behind us, but we missed the call. I went out back and called over the fence and they handed me a Kool-Aid picher with a mousebird inside. They were getting ready to mow the lawn and she was on the front lawn on the ground.

She is alive and well, but missing all but one flight feather on the left side and most of the flight feathers on the right side. I don't know if she flapped them off or a cat or other preditor had her. Today she seems fine.

But if your neighbors know you have birds you can ask them to keep an eye out for yours.

Good luck, and a happy ending...

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat

Oh Saemma..Emma is a smart girl. Go outside and start calling her. Do you have binoculars so you can look in the trees? Are you in a country setting?

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat

Yes if you can take Sachi outside in a cage and try to get her to make contact calls. Oh my heart..I am at work so I cant stay on but I am praying as hard as I can Saemma..:hug8:

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John

It's imperative that you locate her and once you do, don't take your eyes off her. Outside is a very strange and scary place. You may need to climb up to where ever she is and get her down. Don't count on her flying down to you. Hopefully she will get soaking wet if it's raining. That will hamper her ability to fly further. If you do locate her and you are close by a hose you can always try and soak her out of the tree as a last resort. Get out there and don't stop looking until you find her.

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

please someone verify.. will they generally stay hight or low.. it is cool and cloudy and somewhat rainy here.

I live in the suburb of a city.

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki

30 minutes ago!!!!!!Help me what do I do? She's gone.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my God Saemma no! Stay calm, you will find her, you have to find her. Oh my God, I am sending good thoughts to you.

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki

please someone verify.. will they generally stay hight or low.. it is cool and cloudy and somewhat rainy here.

I live in the suburb of a city.

I don't know but stay out there if you can. Can you call some people to come and help you? Can you get a ladder on deck ready to go?

Brigidt36

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Brigid Thompson

Take her cage outside, if possible. Put her favorite food and treats inside, leave the door open. Take Sachi out in her carrier, she may call to Emma. Call to her, sing her favorite songs and listen to a response. Call neighbors and get neighborhood children to help you look for her. Put up posters everywhere. Have your neighbors start a phone tree and call everyone they know around them to keep a look out for her. Call vet offices and the humane society, let them know your bird is missing. Try to stay calm and positive. If you find her high up in a tree and can't climb up it, try to use a hose to get her wet, wet birds have a harder time flying and she may climb down. I once had to sort of forcefully hose a bird out of a tree. It wasn't pleasant but it worked and he was reunited with his mommy. Praying for you.

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat

I would say high Saemma..look high in the trees. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.