• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Up-date Stolen Parrots BC Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deejo

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Doris
Just received an up-date from Audrey, re: the 12 birds taken while owners were moving (Surrey BC)

Breaking News! Just got off the phone with the owner of the 12 stolen parrots. He has in his possession FIVE of the12 parrots. The birds appear to have been healthy and well-looked-after during their bird-napping episode. Below is a list of the parrots that have been recovered:

• <LI class=MsoNormal style="COLOR: navy; mso-list: l2 level1 lfo4">Umbrella Cockatoo (male) – “KONA” <LI class=MsoNormal style="COLOR: navy; mso-list: l2 level1 lfo4">Medium Sulfur Crested Cockatoo – broken wing with pin – “SIDNEY” <LI class=MsoNormal style="COLOR: navy; mso-list: l2 level1 lfo4">Indian Ringneck – male – “JAKE” <LI class=MsoNormal style="COLOR: navy; mso-list: l2 level1 lfo4">Indian Ringneck – female – “SCARLET”
  • Indian Ringneck – female – “MILLIE”

Unfortunately, the last of the Indian Ringnecks, “HOMER” was turned loose in the area where he was stolen from. This is the area of 168th Street and 32nd Avenue in South Surrey. Hopefully we can find him at some point. Anyone in that area please be on the lookout for him. He is a bright green colour with a skinny band of black feathering around the neck and a red beak. Good news or bad, please advise if you see him.

This has been a very traumatic time for the owners of these birds. The birds were not the only things stolen, so they continue to deal with that, but are so grateful to have recovered the birds that they have. They anticipate the return of the others, but time will tell.

A huge thank you to all the e-mails and phone calls of support from so many of you. I continue to be amazed by the bird community here in B.C.

Updates will come as I receive them.

7 STILL MISSING:

• <LI class=MsoNormal style="COLOR: navy; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo5">Blue & Gold Macaw <LI class=MsoNormal style="COLOR: navy; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo5">Bare-Eyed Cockatoo <LI class=MsoNormal style="COLOR: navy; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo5">Umbrella cockatoo <LI class=MsoNormal style="COLOR: navy; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo5">Lilac Crowned Amazon <LI class=MsoNormal style="COLOR: navy; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo5">Alexandrine (male) <LI class=MsoNormal style="COLOR: navy; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo5">Alexandrine (female)
  • Indian Ringneck “HOMER” – loose in the 168th Street/32nd Avenue area

Birdasaurus

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Andrea
Oh thank goodness 5 of them have made their way home!!

How did they get them back? Did people buy them and return them?

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
Oh wow, so glad some are home, but 7 still missing...how terrible. I pray they are found and returned. Also wondering how they found teh five?

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
thank god some have been found..I pray for the others

allison

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
If they bought and returned them do they have any information on the person they purchased them from? Maybe an email address or phone number. That would be amazing.

LittleBirdAirlines

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Lindsey "Lynz"
I know birds cost a lot of money, but who the crap steals a living creature at all, let alone for profit purposes? and knowing it's someones beloved pet? And these people can sleep at night?!

So glad 5 are found. I hope the other 7 get found as well. Please keep us updated!

More information would be awesome too. How they were found, if that person has any contact info. We can bring it to light or help get the others back. Or just keep an eye out.

Might want to keep an eye on the sales pages of Craigslist too.

swingold059

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Sandra Potter
Thank goodness some of the birds have been recovered, I am amazed that anyone would steal all of the birds, I saw this on the 911 Parrot Rescue and have been praying everyday, I will continue to pray.

Status
Not open for further replies.