• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Unusual sneezing behavior from a Senegal/Meyers hybrid

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
Was skull included in cat scan ?
Thanks for update

beccarrot

Moving in
Real Name
Becca
Of course! It was primarily to see in her head, but they captured most of her body. I don't have those files to view. They gave her Meloxicam injection after her scan, and she's had a few oral doses since along with benadryl. She's been sleeping harder (I can relate - benadryl knocks me on my bum, too) but she hasn't been waking up throughout or showing signs of getting snotty, so I'm tentatively positive.

beccarrot

Moving in
Real Name
Becca
One week in to Meloxicam and Benadryl and I can't say the results are *remarkable,* but she does seem slightly improved. Vet did say that they weren't expecting it to fully resolve within the 2 weeks, but we were hoping for a little more obvious improvement than we're seeing. I'm meant to call them at the 2 week mark to discuss and potentially make another appointment at the 1 month mark. I'm worrying less knowing that there isn't some massive infection or tumors growing in her head or chest. I'm still having trouble believing that her episodes are completely benign, but they really don't seem to be affecting her outside of 15-30 minute stints she has. I'm not super excited to be going back since we're still not sure why she came back to us with such a massive bald spot though :sad1: they say they don't know how it happened, but I also can't really figure out how she could've done it herself, given it's the back of her neck.