• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Unexpected addition

Status
Not open for further replies.

HelenVanessaDavies

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Helen
With my 2 birds given the all clear, and my one on the mend, I can finally start adding to my flock.
When volunteering, I came across a sad story, an old lady died, leaving her canary to the RSPCA, she's a little old canary, can't fly that well, but the sweetest little thing, she was clearly very loved by her owner, I have a free cage, that should be just big enough so I've decided to adopt her, she deserves to be loved until the end of her life and I'm going to try and give her the best time.

I've never owned a canary before, any pointers on things they love to eat?

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
millet sprigs as a treat thanks for taking her in :hug8:

allison

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
That is awesome. :)
They can eat finch or canary seed and love leafy greens. Especially parsley because they can pick the little leaves off of it. :p
They also really like toys especially preening toys with rope threads and shiny toys.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thats so great that your able to take her in.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
bless your heart.....oh by the way canaries love toys too.....also if she is older, maybe make a platform for her like t he one you see in my signature.....Char lotte lvoes broccoli, lettuce, peas and even scrambled eggs. and Charlotte also loves her mirror...and definitely MILLET.

HelenVanessaDavies

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Helen
That's wonderful, thanks for all the advice, I'm going to put in a nice big order now for all the stuff, so it can all be nice and ready when she's off her leg treatment. I've also got a heat lamp just incase she feels the cold more being all old and everything.
:heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.