• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Two Years Ago Today

A.K

Sprinting down the street
I just had to post this today, as one last goodbye to my baby.

Kiwi, my budgie, passed two years ago today. She was, and will always be, my beautiful baby girl, taken too early from this world.

Kiwi, and her sister, Sparky, came to me six years ago. I got them from a horrible breeder on Kijiji, who clearly had no bird knowledge. They came in a broken, filthy cage, with a seed only diet and no toys. Kiwi and Sparky were perfect. Just perfect. Kiwi, my princess, loved toys, especially LEGO humans. She would flip over and attack them, my little monster. She loved bathing, and oh, I would give anything, anything to see her splash around again. Or to see her come running for my apple. Or to see her investigate the camera whenever I tried to get a decent picture.

Two years ago today, I woke up to see her unbalanced on her perch, her wings drooping. I took her to the vet, who prescribed medicine. The vet told me to take her home. She did tests, but couldn’t find out what was wrong. I took her home and held her. She passed in my arms. I buried her outside in front of the tree in my front yard. She used to sit on the window sill, gazing at that tree and the cars that zoomed pass. I never got a necropsy done. I’ll never know what took my baby away from me. Sparky died around a year ago, for unrealted reasons.

Two years ago today, my Kiwi left this world and entered the next

Two years ago today, my heaven-sent baby went back home

Two years ago today, my princess took her last breath

Two years ago today, my, baby, my Kiwi, left me

Sorry I haven’t attached any pictures of her, it’s just, I can’t look through my princess’s pictures yet.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm so sorry for your losses. They sound like wonderful little sweeties. I know how it feels to lose your one in a million baby and now much it hurts. It's been over 4 years since I lost Nala and I'm still not over it and never will be. I miss her so deeply everyday and always will until we are reunited at the Rainbow Bridge.
:sadhug: to you during this sad anniversary.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I’m so sorry, my thoughts are with you on this difficult day. :sadhug2:

Nnbal

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Nnbal
I am so sorry for your losses :sadhug:

Keetie!

Real Name
Joanne
I am so sorry for your loss. I, too have an upcoming Rainbow Bridge day of 04/01/2022. Blueberry is there waiting. I don't want to think about it. I do know your grief. Hugs to you always!

A.K

I am so sorry for your loss. I, too have an upcoming Rainbow Bridge day of 04/01/2022. Blueberry is there waiting. I don't want to think about it. I do know your grief. Hugs to you always!
Yes, Blueberry is waiting for you, as is my Kiwi and Sparky for me. Hugs to you as well. These anniversaries are always hard.

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Two years ago today, my heaven-sent baby went back home
As we all must one day. Hugs to you on this difficult day.
:bighug:

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sending you hugs :bighug:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Hugs.

A.K

Here are some pictures of Sparky. I don’t have any good ones of Kiwi, as she would stick her head in the camera (Sparky does this in the last one)

Attachments