• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Two Expandable Habitats cages for sale - Chicago area

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
A friend of mine has two 10’ long 304 grade stainless steel Expandable Habitat cages she is looking to sell. The bars are 1/4” and the spacing between the bars is 1 3/8”. They are both 4’ deep with an overall height of 6’6” which includes the base and wheels and an inside height of more than 5’3”. Both cages have double entry doors and one cage has slide out grids (grates) and the other has lift out grids (grates). Padlocks for all openings with keys that match all the locks are included along with one set of forever bowls and holders. Each cage also includes two feeder doors on one side and they have the built in paper rolls that filter the butcher paper through the bottom of the cage from one end to the other.

The seller is located in the Chicago area and isn’t interested in shipping them so it would have to be pick up only. She’s not in a huge hurry to sell them as some of the pieces are buried in her garage at the moment and she would rather wait until the weather got better to dig them out.

The cages were purchased directly from EH about 20 years ago for about $10K each. They still look like brand new. She is looking for a best offer at this point, so hit me with your best shot if you are interested. You can PM me.

These cages are only suitable for larger birds. I have one in this bar spacing and all of my medium sized birds (greys, Eclectus, Amazons, and smaller Cockatoos) can easily get their heads through the bar spacing. We do have a wild caught Slender Billed Cockatoo who is on the larger size at 550 grams and it works for him. If you had a really big grey or Amazon they could probably work for them but the bar spacing is mostly geared toward large Cockatoos and Macaws.

Also, these cages are called Expandable for a reason. If you wanted to turn the cage into two, you could order panels from EH to make two separate cages. I’ve worked with Tricia at EH to get a single panel for our large cage. Just something to consider. I think we paid about $200 for it a few years ago.
Below is a picture of one of the cages. D5A9BDD8-66FB-4637-94D4-1660F052A1EA.png

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Ooh very nice! Whomever gets these cages will be very lucky indeed.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Wow!