• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Tunnel of Loooooooove!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irishj9

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
JP
JP ( named after me) and his partner Missy had a baby (Jeebo) earlier this year and we discouraged them from any further mmmm "procreational activities".

Today being Sunday, and with Papa in attendance, almost all birdies were allowed out in the birdroom to play. That's 6 Caiques, one Quaker and 7 lovebirds.

JP and Missy, jumped out, straight on to the Birdie transport boxes ( I had the caiques flown in from upcountry). There they found a small tunnel on the concrete floor under the boxes, and instantly began stripping chewable toys off the play gym to make a nest.

Yes, on the floor!, And they came from registered breeders!. Oh the mortification!.

Here they are guarding their Tunnel of Love, while their friends look on, amazed!
new lovebird nest site.jpg

Last edited:

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
Just because YOU don't think they should procreate, doesn't mean they agree with you. I think there is a difference of opinion here that needs addressed.

:hehe: Wonder who will win?:rofl:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
:hehe:

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Teenagers! :rolleyes:

kitsunebandit

Avenue Veteran
How cute hehe :D

Irishj9

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
JP
Oh I just let them get on with it, they're so happy and busy busy. But I will be ensuring that we dont produce loads of youngsters for whom we will have to find homes.
As long as they are happy and active, that's all I want. But I am AMAZED that they chose the floor. lol

But There is a follow up story

Doobie,the cleverest of all the lovvies, has figured out how to open his cage door and now comes and goes as he pleases ( closing the door after himself).

Doobie.jpg

While out he raids the caique cages for food ( Everybirdy plays outside the cages). yes he has even raided the Dark Queens food under her nose!

I will post a vid here soon. You will not believe it!

Last edited:

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Where there's a will there's a way! When my tiels decided they were "going to nest" it didn't make any difference that there was no nest box, no dark area in their cage (or anybody else's for that matter). They decided that the next best bet :dance4: was to use the supermarket paper bag on the floor of the dining room next to their cage that was being used as storage for straw finger traps and toys.

I hope this link works cause it'll show what they thought about not being given a nest box .... Tiels 1st clutch in paper bag Nov 09 pictures by cariocagb1 - Photobucket Dad is Sonny and mom is Peeps, the little whiteface is Theo who was curious about what was going on.

Good luck with JP and Missy, they don't consider it "the floor" the way we do - it's a nice quiet untravelled area in the community!:heart::heart:

Irishj9

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
JP
LOL, A paper Bag! Sasha and Suki are gorgeous!

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
Let's face it: where this is a will, there is a way. Gracie Tiel and Chip showed me that. I was never so surprised in my life when Gracie hatched out her first chick. I thought they were only "playing house" in the bottom of their cage. :omg:

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
And I thought I was well informed about "the birds and the bees" :D, apparently I didn't know enough about "the eggs"!:rolleyes:

Momto3boys

Real Name
Brandy
:hehe:

When you're in love, it doesnt matter where you do it.
They're so beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.