• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Tteok got beat up.

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Beeper refused to leave the big bird alone if she could get to him and Nerd was ready to return the favor, she never learned either. One day I opened his cage to change food or something and she zipped inside so suddenly I'm grabbing her and trying to hold Nerd back from attacking the intruder to his house. There was a lot of beeping and screaming and I got the crap bit out of my hand but nobody died...
They were no longer allowed to be in the same area unless one of their cages was fully covered with a blanket.

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Does he only play "hard to get" at night? I'd work with him earlier, say an hour before you normally try to put him down for the night. Step him up, put him in his cage, and give him something he values very much, like a treat, toy, attention, whatever. Then, get him right back out. I'd do a few repetitions and might even do it other times of the day. Train him up.

Parutti

Jogging around the block
Avenue Spotlight Award
In my house the tiels have always been great about bedtime, but as you can imagine the blue cockatiel ;) needs a little more convincing that there won't be a party without him! He used to fly around making very loud PEEP sounds, annoying the dickens out of the others that were fully roosting. Now after a few months of having the same routine at bedtime no matter what time of the evening it happens, he responds pretty well to a request to "go to your room" and "it's little birdie bedtime".

The cockatiels are also the ones that think EVERYONE is their friend - the bigger birds, the dog, you name it. Confident little dudes.

I'm so glad Tteok is healing up! I bet that was quite the terrifying sight to see!

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
I won't lie, it does look pretty silly. It must also itch like mad because he can't get enough really rough head scrubbing.

IMG_6804.jpeg

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Poor little treasure :roflmao: :heart:

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Poor lil guy :cool:

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
When birds lose feathers like that I think their bodies go into emergency damage control and grow back the missing feathers very quickly.