• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

trouble with my fledgling starling taking food

rabbitic

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Tommy (they/he)
lamarr is generally speaking a very agreeable, very healthy baby. he's social, inquisitive, very playful, just an absolute joy. but recently, he had an issue with his diet that caused him some health problems. so naturally i made the switch over to a much fuller, better diet for him. only issue is...he hates it. he hardly wants anything to do with it. i'm lucky if he gets it down without much protest. it's been incredibly troubling to me, since his diet really needed to be fixed. does anyone have any advice on how i could get my stubborn baby to eat his new food? or at least some kind words to a new bird parent slowly losing their mind? :sigh:

FiatLux

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Isabelle (she/her)
I know very little about starlings so I don’t know that this will be helpful at all but I wanted to share that my conure will eat most things that I (pretend to -rather dramatically I might add) eat. I know starlings are very smart so maybe it’s worth a shot.
You seem like a very thoughtful and caring bird parent —I hope you stay encouraged!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!

rabbitic

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Tommy (they/he)
I know very little about starlings so I don’t know that this will be helpful at all but I wanted to share that my conure will eat most things that I (pretend to -rather dramatically I might add) eat. I know starlings are very smart so maybe it’s worth a shot.
You seem like a very thoughtful and caring bird parent —I hope you stay encouraged!
i don't know what's funnier, the fake-eating performance i put on for my bird or the fact that it actually worked. i can tell that he's still hesitant, which i expected, but a little showmanship definitely got him eating which is a great start. thank you for the advice!!