• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Toy ladder stinks .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robin

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Robin
I bought this ladder on the sidewalk sale and it stinks, it smelled up my whole living room. I kept smelling something bad and I finally took a sniff of that, I had to take it outside. It has a chemical odor or something.
Is it suppose to ?

Caddy Shack Bird Ladder

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
What a bummer. Can't even imagine that.:confused:

Robin

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Robin
Maybe if I leave ot outside long enough the odor will go away. I don't think I want my birds chewing on it. Maybe it's just the type of wood used, IDK :shrug3:

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Personally, I would get rid of anything that emits an odor of any kind. Parrots are much MORE sensitive to odors and fumes than we are.:)

LuvMyBirds

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Barbara
I think that you should contact company you bought it from. They need to replace it. Maybe this particular one has a problem.

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
Exactly, you need to find out through the company what is up with it and what they are going to do about it!

Robin

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Robin
I have that toy, can't remember it ever smelling. None of my birds will touch it, I am going to take it apart and make toys out of it.
Go take a big smell of it and see if the wood stinks :)

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
I just smelled it.
I woke up Bea, she said "wooooooooo!!!"
I can't smell anything, but I have had it for months now.

Robin

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Robin
I just smelled it.
I woke up Bea, she said "wooooooooo!!!"
I can't smell anything, but I have had it for months now.
Sorry we woke you up Bea !! :hug8:
Thanks for checking it out for me, I will e-mail her in the am.

Gigi

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Vickie
Was it sent in the mail? What if something happened to it during the mailing process?

Spinderella

Real Name
Chloe
OMG, How strange!! I don't know why it would smell so bad, it didn't smell when it was here?

I will send a new one to you, you can go ahead & throw that one out. Sorry about that! :(

Robin

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Robin
Thanks Angie !!! I don't know what happened to it, my hubby even said it smelled. I was going to wait and see if the smell went away by putting it outside. I went and smelled it today and it still smells. It is strange, everything else was fine. I had noticed the smell real strong when I first opened it up but I figured it would go away, but it didn't. That's so nice of you to ship out another one, it's great doing business with you, and I will continue to do so. :hug8:

Bambino

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Melissa
Ah, thats to bad becaue it is really pretty maybe thats just a weird one:)

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
I'm going through this with Ginger right now and our Mother Lode which is made out of all natural hemp. Some of the products that we use to make toys do have a natural odor to them that might seem very unfamiliar to some but not others. It's always good to go back to the company you purchased the item from and talk to them about it.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
I'm going through this with Ginger right now and our Mother Lode which is made out of all natural hemp. Some of the products that we use to make toys do have a natural odor to them that might seem very unfamiliar to some but not others. It's always good to go back to the company you purchased the item from and talk to them about it.
Haha! I ran into that little issue with hemp that I purchased. It smelled like manure! Fortunately it is very easy to get rid of that. All you have to do is boil a length of the hemp in some water (and maybe a little bit of mild soap), let it dry, and give it a rinse.

Robin

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Robin
Interesting, I said it may just be the wood :) maybe it's the rope :) I don't think it's made out of hemp rope, looks like regular cotton rope to me. IDK

Robin

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Robin
Re: Toy ladder stinks .....(((Update !!!Not the toy)))

I am so sorry, but it was NOT the toy !!! I almost burned the house down. I had plugged in a little night light over by the cage where the toy was sitting and the whole socket and part of the wood around it was burning. I had melted plastic and melted wire over there. I went out and look at the ladder and some of melted plastic had dripped on the toy making it stink. . Here's a picture of the parts that came out of it. How I found out about it, was the night light bulb blew out and I went to change it last night, just thinking it had been a cheap bulb in there. When I pulled the night light out I just about freaked, it was horrible. Then after I took the night light out, the plug was still hot, I guess smoldering away. We got an electrician up here and had it fixed right away. I just thank the Lord above that we caught it before it did burn the house down. My stomach turns everytime I think about it. I just sent Angie and e-mail on this so I can pay for the second toy. I feel so bad !!

DCP02767.JPG

DCP02768.JPG

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
:omg: Robin!!!

I am so glad that you found it when you did!!

:hug8:

Robin

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Robin
You and me both !!!
I'm still shaking over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.