• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

toucan/softbill site, and possible remodel

Status
Not open for further replies.

emeraldtoucan

Strolling the yard
So, I have a website, I haven't updated it in a while, but I'm planning to remodel it (most likely including giving it a whole new layout, this was one of the first websites I built), and make it a bit more of a general softbill site. Right now the focus is almost completely on toucans, and especially toucanets. I know this is a global forum, so my chances of this happening might be a bit slim, but I need to find people whom have softbills that don't mind someone (that someone being me) stopping by to take pictures of them for the site (I live in Sonoma county CA). I want to create a huge softbill gallery.
I also need people whom would be willing to donate some articles, or perhaps do an interview (interviews can be done via email or PM). If you have a softbill article you think I should put up, or know of a good online resource I can also link to it.

The site is http://toucanets.com

Last edited:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Very nice looking so far, just took a look. I have a pair of red legged honeycreepers-Mr. Jeepers & Jada,an AS canary-Kismet, and my dear blue naped mousebird, Gryphon.:)

srtiels

Ripping up the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Susanne
Hi...and welcome to the forum :) If you look at several of the posting in Softbill Circle they are postings about mousebirds. You are welcome to use any of my posted pixs (provided I have my copyright info on them) If you need more info you can click on my user ID and PM me.

Below my signature is a link to my online mousebird album.

Last edited:

Mystics Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tanya
I am a new owner to a Green Aracari..ELLIOT....he was hatched oct 8...would love to read more info and talk to others who have them..There is not as much info as with other Parrots(the person i got him from has been VERRY informative but i would love more..(would love to read peoples menus for food,what their bird pefers,blood work levels(what is is the normal range)signs of illness.....bathing info i LOVE going to Susannes site it covers SOO much(thanks Susanne)

emeraldtoucan

Strolling the yard
Well, perhaps I'll have to work on getting a visitor's gallery going for softbills, that way people can submit any pics they want along with their name. I'll post again when I have such a thing designed.

Mystics Mom congrats on the aracari, there's some articles on feeding, and otherwise caring for toucans up on the articles section that you may be interested in.

The Toucanet's Roost - articles on toucans.

Including this one http://2candoit.us/Aracari%20Food%20Guide.pdf
which is specifically an aracari food guide, by Jason Crean, and others.

Some day I really do want to have mousebirds, and also honeycreepers too! If I had the space for several nice big aviaries I'd have sooo many different bird species, but for now that's a fantasy.

aracari1

Moving in
Real Name
GG
I am a new owner to a Green Aracari..ELLIOT....he was hatched oct 8...would love to read more info and talk to others who have them..There is not as much info as with other Parrots(the person i got him from has been VERRY informative but i would love more..(would love to read peoples menus for food,what their bird pefers,blood work levels(what is is the normal range)signs of illness.....bathing info i LOVE going to Susannes site it covers SOO much(thanks Susanne)
Hey there! I have a gren aracari! Great birds. They love papaya, grapes, pom seeds ( in season). Also love acai juice and yes, peas.
Try a variety of fruits as well.
These birds are WAY more intelligent than people think!

Status
Not open for further replies.