• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

To people with vivariums or live tanks!

Spearmint

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Elk [He/They]
Does anybody here have a tank setup with isopods or springtails in? If so, do you know of any reputable breeders or sites i can get them from? I figured reptile owners might have critters like these in their tanks, im a hermit crab owner and looking to get some.
Also, where can i get live moss? Live sphagnum moss, blanket moss etc?
Thanks!!

Kiwi's Dad

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sebastian
I don’t have any isopods but you can try going to reptile shows. Reptile shows have everything! Snake discovery is a great YouTube channel for anything reptile related. :D

Last edited:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I'm working towards bioactive for my leopard gecko :) these are a couple sites that are popular in the groups I'm in. I exclusively buy her food from Dubai Roaches :)

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I believe that this member lives in Australia.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Does anybody here have a tank setup with isopods or springtails in? If so, do you know of any reputable breeders or sites i can get them from? I figured reptile owners might have critters like these in their tanks, im a hermit crab owner and looking to get some.
Also, where can i get live moss? Live sphagnum moss, blanket moss etc?
Thanks!!
You’ll need to specifically tag Aussie members- the things you want I don’t believe can be imported so you’ll need to find an Australian supplier. :)

riddick07

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Victoria
If you are in any local groups for exotics on Facebook I’d ask there. I have about 19 different species & my friend sells them too. But we are in the states. I don’t specifically sell but the colonies end up overbreeding & you have to give them away, sell, or kill some off. So there’s probably someone local that has some if you ask around.

You’ll want to get a fast producing species though. A lot of the cool looking ones are slow producers & wont be able to keep up with their numbers for a large area. The zebras are a nice looking larger & quick multiplier if you can get those. Or if you don’t care most dwarf species you can pick up produce fairly quick.