• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Tips for fireworks

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
So tonight there is a massive town party a few streets over where fireworks will be set off a few times over the night for New Years Eve celebrations.
I am not too concerned that it will be a problem but just incase it does bother Burt I was wondering if anyone had any tips to make the loud cracks, bangs and bright flashing lights less stressful.

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
So tonight there is a massive town party a few streets over where fireworks will be set off a few times over the night for New Years Eve celebrations.
I am not too concerned that it will be a problem but just incase it does bother Burt I was wondering if anyone had any tips to make the loud cracks, bangs and bright flashing lights less stressful.
I worry about that too. I know it will be loud here and probably till like 2 am. From past experiences I've always made his nightly white noise sound louder and so far the bangs haven't seemed to bother him. I play very quiet music for him while he sleeps so I just turn it up a bit. Plus we have a semi loud air purifier on constantly that adds a little white noise.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
White noise for sure. Even YouTube has videos that are just hours of white noise :)

Last edited:

greys4u

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I also use white noise

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Thanks guys.
I am not thinking it will be a problem as he is never fussed about thunder and lightening nor was he ever bothered by the little explosions that the train line people used to make frequently. I’ve just not been this close to fireworks with him before so thought I’d prefer to know as much as possible.... better safe than sorry I guess.
They are letting some off quite early (9pm) so I’ll find out then if the noise bothers him as he is still up swinging or chewing, chatting or snacking at the time but it is his wind down time so he’s usually fairly calm and relaxed. If he shows any signs of concern I’ll definitely play the YouTube white noise but I will turn the air filter up on high anyway as that makes a fair racket lol.