• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Tiki and remer returning to Rescue

• Thread starter M.C Bird Rescue
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

M.C Bird Rescue

Unfortunately due to unforseen circumstances Tiki and Remer will be returning to the rescue :(

Tiki and Remer will again be quarentined for 30 more days, but I do not know if I can now allow Tiki to ever leave my home again. I was very attached to Tiki and having her leave once was very hard, there is no way I can let her leave a second time unless jen was to decide to adopt tiki for herself. LOL

Tiki and Remer will be returning as of tomorrow.

Here are some pictures of them if you do not remember who they are....

Tiki

Remer

pga7602

Jogging around the block
Crystal, do you mine briefly describing what is involve in QTing a bird?

GreenParrot

Sprinting down the street
Poor birdies that they werent so lucky with their present home! But maybe they werent so unlucky either cuz it'd be their best luck if you got to adopt even one of them. :hug8:

M

M.C Bird Rescue

Crystal, do you mine briefly describing what is involve in QTing a bird?
A true quarentine can not be established in a home setting. IMO you would need negative pressure rooms.
In MY home, it means the birds are seperated by entire rooms. So, tiki and Remer will be moved into a seperate area of the house until I can be sure all is well. I do a 30 day Q time. Some do longer, some do none..I do 30 days seperate to rule out disease. Tiki and Remer were both vetted a month ago, so they will go back for another check up Monday or Wednesday (depending on weather), then they will be seperated from the other birds for 30 days. After the 30 days I will re-admit them into the flock.

The biggest issue is cross contamination. You need to change clothing after handling the birds in Quarentine, also washing bowls and feeding all needs to be seperate. I mean EVERTHING must be seperate. So it gets tricky at first..I am a pro now..i just go about my day the same as usual really. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
M

M.C Bird Rescue

Poor birdies that they werent so lucky with their present home! But maybe they werent so unlucky either cuz it'd be their best luck if you got to adopt even one of them. :hug8:
Awww thanks.

Tiki was always very close to my heart. She was locked in a closet for 8 years covered. It was one of the saddest surrenders to date. Thank you for the kind words.

GreenParrot

... She was locked in a closet for 8 years covered...
:eek: What kind of person was that? Anyway it might be better not to start talking about such people cuz it always makes me so darn mad! :mad:

Its really heartwarming when someone has the chance to prove to such a bird, who has faced the evil side of people, that we arent all humans so bad afterall. :)

thebirdnerds

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jennifer
It is sad that she is no longer in a forever home, but as you know Tiki was close to my heart too lol we both cried when she was adopted.
I think she was ment to be with you and I really didn't have a great feeling about the adoption to begin with.
At least she is safe.

Kristy

Welcome to the Avenue!
I am sorry it didn't work out but I am glad they let you know and they could come back to you.

You do soo much hard work - thank you.:laughing12:

M

M.C Bird Rescue

I am sorry it didn't work out but I am glad they let you know and they could come back to you.

You do soo much hard work - thank you.:laughing12:

HAHAHA Ya theres not much choice really..LOL. My adoption contract states the person is never actually the owner. there is also the part about theft if sold, and pressing charges..I would totally hunt someone down too. hahaha.
The lady meant well, she just had some issues and now they are coming back. She meant well..it just didnt work out :(

M

M.C Bird Rescue

It is sad that she is no longer in a forever home, but as you know Tiki was close to my heart too lol we both cried when she was adopted.
I think she was ment to be with you and I really didn't have a great feeling about the adoption to begin with.
At least she is safe.
Yes we did both Cry...hahahahah
That sucked!

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
at least they are back in a good place..bless you

Terri

Real Name
Terri
Tiki has the look of such a "sweet soul". Its weird...her pic makes my heart hurt & happy at the same time. Toos are just special and they get to me. Wishing her peace and stability :)

Babybreau

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Tanya
All in all, I'm glad she is back with you and that you had the contract to ensure this.

Status
Not open for further replies.