• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Tickles!!

PeppysPal

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Allie
Lily has been flipping herself on her back lately and wanting to "wrestle". Today, however, she flipped herself onto her back and wanted me to tickle her chest :blink:. She also let me hold her on her back in my arms but I couldn't get a picture. I guess I've earned her trust :D

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Pic one and two: "If I'm lying here being cute, mommy will forgot about the remote-control"
Third pic: "Yeah that was working, now I take a bite!" :smuggrin::D

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
She is so cute!! :heart:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I love it when a bird flips themselves over to play...we've never had one do that. Question to all who do...When your bird is on their back in a playful mood, does it ever escalate to naughtiness...biting, etc?

PeppysPal

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Allie
I love it when a bird flips themselves over to play...we've never had one do that. Question to all who do...When your bird is on their back in a playful mood, does it ever escalate to naughtiness...biting, etc?
Lily certainly hasn't bitten when this has happened, but she does use her beak to pull herself back up onto her feet, which feels like a bite because her grip is so strong :lol:. I imagine though that is the bird gets overstimulated or even if you can't read your bird well it could very well escalate into biting.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Lily certainly hasn't bitten when this has happened, but she does use her beak to pull herself back up onto her feet, which feels like a bite because her grip is so strong :lol:. I imagine though that is the bird gets overstimulated or even if you can't read your bird well it could very well escalate into biting.
I know when we go visiting, people always think Milton is biting when he's using his beak to pull himself up. :)
Lily is so gentle I never have to worry about that :xflove:. She's so gentle I even let her preen my eyelashes :lol:
That's adorable! :heart:

It also shows how much trust you have with Lily...that's a wonderful thing...:)

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Yes ….. oh yes it does!

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Very cute pics :fairy2:

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Amazons can be so playful at an early age and so touchable. Once they hit maturity they don't tolerate it. I'm sure some do but mine certainly wouldn't let me touch them now like I did before they turned five years old. I still love their giant caterpillar toes…. how I wish Lola and Henry would let me still rub them!

jh81

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jan
Lily is so gentle I never have to worry about that :xflove:. She's so gentle I even let her preen my eyelashes :lol:
I let Kaya do that too! He's a Senegal, so a bit smaller then an amazon but can bite just as fierce :)