• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

This is why I do this! Poor Poor Teco

• Thread starter M.C Bird Rescue
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

M.C Bird Rescue

I picked up Teco today , it was a typical surrender but I noticed some red under the birds wings. I thought immediately it would be red feathers ...he is older and he was severely abused for some time before being in this owners home. I thought it may also be a sore or a tumor...so I took him immediately in to my groomer (I typically wait a few days for vetting due to stool needs unless urgent) . So, the groomer opens the wings and there are bloody sores inside of both wings that he has done himself. He is mutilating and has blood all over him. As we speak he is plucking more feathers, I am making him a cone. He is possibly one of my worst cases yet. I have never seen a more fearful pet in my life, he was scared of his owners also. He did not used to be this way, so she said..but he is in horrible shape. He will be going to the vet tonight if they can fit me in. I am waiting for the call.

shellbeme

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Shelly
:( poor baby. I hope to hear more about him, will you update us on his vet visit?

Jacob

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Herdis
the poor thing :( I hope you will be able to rehabilitate him.

M

M.C Bird Rescue

I will update if they can fit me in. The office closes early on wednesdays so he may have to go tomorrow morning. I feel so bad for him..his beak is horribly trimmed and his nails are so short! I feel horrible he is in this condition.

shellbeme

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Shelly
I will update if they can fit me in. The office closes early on wednesdays so he may have to go tomorrow morning. I feel so bad for him..his beak is horribly trimmed and his nails are so short! I feel horrible he is in this condition.

I don't know how you do it, I would have cried the entire way home.

Kristy

Welcome to the Avenue!
Now that you say it, I can see those nails are extremely short.

Gosh I don't want to think about what nail clipping was like for this beautiful Grey.:(

Bless you for taking in and caring for this bird. :hug8:

birdlover82

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
Aww. Poor baby.:( Hope the vet will be able to fit you in.

M

M.C Bird Rescue

Just called the vet again..NOT TODAY! UGHHHHH!!!!!!! Why cant people work around MY schedule? j/k

He is sitting there in his cage,it will take him a lo of time..like LOADS of time to get anywhere near normal again!

Last edited by a moderator:

Stacy_b

Real Name
Stacy
Awe Teeko. How old did you say he was again?

M

M.C Bird Rescue

Awe Teeko. How old did you say he was again?
I was trying to add that all up..but the info before this ladies house was pretty vague other than a basement stay.

The lady said that the previous owner had him for at least a few years..So I automatically think 5 years...then the 13 or 14 they had him..so....maybe like 19 or 20 ?

ortegah

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
Now that you say it, I can see those nails are extremely short.

Gosh I don't want to think about what nail clipping was like for this beautiful Grey.:(

Bless you for taking in and caring for this bird. :hug8:
He might be the one doing the nails so short. I know Petrie chews her nails and has chewed a couple of them down to nubs :(

M

M.C Bird Rescue

I dont think so...Tiki does that too. They said he goes to this clinic ad they always do them....OH and I have the name of the clinic..they will be listed as a NO NO and get a peed off call from me!

Stacy_b

Real Name
Stacy
I was trying to add that all up..but the info before this ladies house was pretty vague other than a basement stay.

The lady said that the previous owner had him for at least a few years..So I automatically think 5 years...then the 13 or 14 they had him..so....maybe like 19 or 20 ?

Poor beebee. Such a great age though.

M

M.C Bird Rescue

Are you feeling a rehab grey in your future? I know you want a CAG!

ortegah

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
I dont think so...Tiki does that too. They said he goes to this clinic ad they always do them..OH and I have the name of the clinic..they will be listed as a NO NO and get a peed off call from me!
Oh wow, that's terrible! That's why I cut my own nails and wings. I'm very very conservative. I'd rather just do a little at a time than too much.

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
I picked up Teco today , it was a typical surrender but I noticed some red under the birds wings. I thought immediately it would be red feathers ...he is older and he was severely abused for some time before being in this owners home. I thought it may also be a sore or a tumor...so I took him immediately in to my groomer (I typically wait a few days for vetting due to stool needs unless urgent) . So, the groomer opens the wings and there are bloody sores inside of both wings that he has done himself. He is mutilating and has blood all over him. As we speak he is plucking more feathers, I am making him a cone. He is possibly one of my worst cases yet. I have never seen a more fearful pet in my life, he was scared of his owners also. He did not used to be this way, so she said..but he is in horrible shape. He will be going to the vet tonight if they can fit me in. I am waiting for the call.
Poor him. Thank you for taking him in and taking care of him. I am sure that good care will do wonders for him.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
you are to be commended for your compassion...you will sit amongst the angels one day...p:hug8:raying hard for Teko

Status
Not open for further replies.