• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

This is too cool

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Lol, I bet his neighbours dislike him!
I was wondering about that while I was watching :roflmao:

They're super noisy and messy - would it be like a neighbor having a flock of geese around? Although some geese are powered by the spite of Satan, so maybe not *as* bad...

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
I was wondering about that while I was watching :roflmao:

They're super noisy and messy - would it be like a neighbor having a flock of geese around? Although some geese are powered by the spite of Satan, so maybe not *as* bad...
They are very destructive and extremely curious so groups of human comfortable cockies can be quite a problem for more reasons than noise lol

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
They are very destructive and extremely curious so groups of human comfortable cockies can be quite a problem for more reasons than noise lol
I remember seeing an article last summer (maybe?) about flocks of them getting too smart about opening trash cans... I feel like they're larger, more aggressive versions of crows.

I for one welcome our new avian overlords.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Cool for him but… large flocks of cockatoos are considered pests in their native country. Enticing them into a residential area where they may start destroying roofs, fencing, etc they’ll be a target to those who don’t want them around. I don’t know what the laws are but this puts wildlife in danger from humans that have no regard. I hope his neighbors are cool with it for the birds sake.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Lord have mercy on his soul when he runs out of food.... :scared5: :bvryafd:

Lol, I bet his neighbours dislike him!
Right? I fed two doves and my neighbours were upset because there were a couple of poops on the edge of their balcony.

Cool for him but… large flocks of cockatoos are considered pests in their native country. Enticing them into a residential area where they may start destroying roofs, fencing, etc they’ll be a target to those who don’t want them around. I don’t know what the laws are but this puts wildlife in danger from humans that have no regard. I hope his neighbors are cool with it for the birds sake.
Yes it is a worry. Once people start to complain and the govt has had enough... a cull. :(

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Lord have mercy on his soul when he runs out of food.... :scared5: :bvryafd:

Right? I fed two doves and my neighbours were upset because there were a couple of poops on the edge of their balcony.

Yes it is a worry. Once people start to complain and the govt has had enough... a cull. :(
Who complains about two tiny birds and a few little poops? There aren’t enough people who think kindly of wildlife. In the city food isn’t as resourceful. Doves- not destructive- cockatoos… can wipe out crops and when lured into the situation seen in the video will come back, hang out if he’s not there and may do mischief. We know how stupid mean people can be. I would love to put feeders out in my yard but it has too many downsides. Seed that falls to the ground attracts rodents, then snakes and raccoons and possums. Stray cats come to hunt the birds and rodents…. and they’ve killed litters of wild bunnies in my yard. So no more seed and I see fewer poisonous snakes. The wild birds do love the bird bath we have and all the trees we have in the yard for them to nest in. I hope your doves are doing well and visit you often!!!