• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

This is not routine

PacificPaulie

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Meagan
Hey all,

I have a very busy day ahead of me today so I thought I'd do some multitasking. At the moment of this video, I am sitting with a deep conditioner in my hair covered by a thermal cap, covered by a towel, with my contacts on so I can do some reading for school. I spent a full five minutes back and forth with Paulie before I started recording it.

I really think Paulie was upset that I was doing something outside of our routine. What do you all think?

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
:lol: Awww, sometimes my lovies do that if I don´t get them out of the cage, they pretend they don´t know the door is open and instead they pace while they wait for me to come get them :hilarious: Did you try picking him out or offering your hand closer?

Is that your rooster calling?

PacificPaulie

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Meagan
@Zara with my little Paulie, this is a ruse. You stick your hand in there he will bite the fire out of you.

He knew the door was open and after several minutes of talking to me like this he came out on his own. I don't think he liked the stuff on my head, because he landed on the edge of my shoulder and kept telling me what for closer to my ear. :rofl:

And yes, lol, that's just one of my many roosters calling.

laracroft

Strolling the yard
:roflmao: I played the video and this happened:
(Let's hope that works, I've never posted a video here before)

It could be that his routine's off, that tends to get Micah going. Or he could just have been in a shouty mood! He has Opinions, and wants them known!

PacificPaulie

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Meagan
@laracroft hey dear, your link isn't working because it's listed as private. Try uploading it again as unlisted; that will keep it private while simultaneously allowing you to select who gets to see the video.
:heart:

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
You guys should hear my two, they were pretty worried about Paulie, but with Micah they have lost their bananas.. They are going bonkers!

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
That looks like one PO birdie. The more you said the more you reinforce. He got your attention. If you ignore he will most likely stop.

PacificPaulie

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Meagan
@laracroft yes, perfect!
Oh my goodness, :rofl:. I can never again deep condition my hair and wear contacts when I ought to be cuddling Paulie. Judging by Micah's reaction, Paulie must have been saying a few choice words. :wideyed:
Thank you for sharing! :heart:

PacificPaulie

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Meagan
@Lady Jane we talk back and forth like this sometimes. Usually he just seems to want out... Problem is I was deep conditioning my hair and wearing contacts which is a problem for two reasons:
1) his landing strip (i.e., my head) was completely covered
2) there was no perch (i.e., my glasses) on my face for him to land on

I'm not too terribly worried about it because he did finally come out and settle down after brief adjustment to the stuff on my head.

PacificPaulie

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Meagan
It could be that his routine's off, that tends to get Micah going. Or he could just have been in a shouty mood! He has Opinions, and wants them known!
I think it was probably a mixture. Paulie's opinions were probably something to the effect of letting me know straying from routine is unacceptable.

Nobirby

Jogging around the block
This reminds me of Belle. I have a video of her going back and forth just below the cage door, which is wide open. Cannot get it to load.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
@laracroft Adorable video of Micah! Funny how a video just sets them off! :lol:

Leih

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
Around 1:12 he's so rhythmic! I would be dancing like an idiot at him!

Leih

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
Zara's videos always set my lovebird off. If she's in bed and I watch one, even quietly, she'll hear and whistle! Her whole demeanor changes, she's like "lovebird! :dance3::elefant::loveshower:

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Zara's videos always set my lovebird off. If she's in bed and I watch one, even quietly, she'll hear and whistle! Her whole demeanor changes, she's like "lovebird! :dance3::elefant::loveshower:

That is so sweet :)

I am pretty sure with parrotlets it is more like INVADER!!!