• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

This can't be comfortable!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anfsurfer

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tim
Last night when I was going to bed I went by the Ringneck cage to say goodnight, and noticed Orion wasn't on the sleeping perch with Napoleon.
Instead he was sleeping with one foot attached to the side of the cage, and the other attached to a toy...doing the splits. haha!

I rubbed his belly trying to get him to move and go to the perch, but he just stayed there. So I went to bed. Can they sleep the whole night like this? It just didn't look like he would get a comfortable nights sleep.

Archiesmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
:rofl:
Oh my goodness! How funny is that?!

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
That is one of the funniest sleeping positions I have ever seen! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

*K*J*B*

Real Name
Kylee
I have no idea how long he could do that or if it's comfortable but it sure is funny! :rofl:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
:omg: how adorable..you need to enter that in a contest somehwere..

KimKimWilliamson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
That is funny! I've never seen Prudence sleep like this, but I do know that when they crash, they CRASH!! LOL

atvchick95

Real Name
Kelli
I have a lot of birds who sleep like that or just get in that position any time during the day just to do it

but that is how Kaycee and A.C. (both IRNS) Sleep nightly and have ever since I've had them

Aleu

Avenue Veteran
that is too cute! I've seen Ponyo pull a move like that, but she's never fallen asleep like that lol

impala400

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Yvonne
:rofl: Rodrigo actually likes to perch like that but he's splay legged so his legs naturally do the splits.

Anfsurfer

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tim
I really didn't feel comfortable turning out the lights and letting him sleep like that. I tried to tickle his belly...didn't work. Even Napoleon came over and messed with him a bit too. He didn't budge. Sooo...eventually I just said "whatever floats his boat" and went to bed. hahaha!

I love your saying Kim..."When they crash...THEY CRASH!" It's so true. My flock of Lovies will be out on there playstands playing and beating each other up and BAM suddenly they're all asleep...even next to a bird they hate and were just fighting with! 15 minutes later they start right up where they left off. :)

atvchick95

Real Name
Kelli
I really didn't feel comfortable turning out the lights and letting him sleep like that. I tried to tickle his belly...didn't work. Even Napoleon came over and messed with him a bit too. He didn't budge. Sooo...eventually I just said "whatever floats his boat" and went to bed. hahaha!

I love your saying Kim..."When they crash...THEY CRASH!" It's so true. My flock of Lovies will be out on there playstands playing and beating each other up and BAM suddenly they're all asleep...even next to a bird they hate and were just fighting with! 15 minutes later they start right up where they left off. :)

trust me its perfectly okay for them to sleep like that :)

at my old house my tiels would perch like that between 2 cages and Look out the window and take naps Some would sit like that for hours - i thought they were stuck But they were not stuck at all

its just how they like to be

As soon as I put A.C. back in her cage She gets in that very position before i even have her door shut! and she will be in that same position when i come in at 7 to open her cage

Big.Green.Chicken

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Anna
:rofl: I have never seen KerBear do that! What a funny pose.
That is an adorable photo:heart:

Joey

Hit the Road
lol very creative way to sleep. and also very cute and funny. <3

igors mum

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
deb
igor my alex sleeps a lot like that. one foot on a toy on the side of the cage the other holding on to large bell. so i hear ding ding ding a lot during the night when he moves lol

CeddysMum

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Astrid (formerly: 'featherbaby')
:rofl::rofl::rofl: My whole body hurts just thinking about sleeping like that!

Um, seeing that there are quite a few sleeping like that, should I be concerned that Ceddy sleeps perching normally on her comfy rope perch? :confused::lol:

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
He's make a great NY Subway rider! :D

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Keiba does that too! I also have Cockatiels that do it, they get in the corner of the cage and have one leg on one side, and their other leg on the other side. :)

atvchick95

Real Name
Kelli
:rofl::rofl::rofl: My whole body hurts just thinking about sleeping like that!

Um, seeing that there are quite a few sleeping like that, should I be concerned that Ceddy sleeps perching normally on her comfy rope perch? :confused::lol:

Lol naw he's just "normal" well as Normal as they can be :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.