• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

They're so cute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Termite's favorite activity is, apparently, sleeping on me. After that, it's head-jerking at the other birds to let them know that he is THE bird in the house, and they're just hangers-on. He's so funny to watch. I love to lightly rub his little head while he's dozing. (If my hands are in my lap, he will sometimes run down and cuddle up against them. I think he loves me the most of any of the lovies, though Twinkie is a close second.)

Termiesleepy.jpg

This morning, Benibara decided that falling asleep on the human was a grand idea and that he simply must try it. (While we were watching "I Shouldn't Be Alive" - go figure. People are screaming in the jungle and Beni's eyes are drifting shut. That's JUST like him.) Beni is still warming up to me and tends to be a bit high-strung anyway, so this was quite a special moment. I love the very soft clicks he makes when he's feeling cuddly, and the way he'll lean forward from my shoulder to press himself against my cheek. He tries to catch my eye, and will sometimes lean over to press his beak to my lips and make his kiss noise.

Benisleepy-small.jpg

Twinkie, on the other hand, does NOT fall asleep on me. EVER. He is the most annoying baby on the planet some days. If you guys could only hear the litany of, "No, Twinkie, BAD TWINKIE, stop it! Mama said NO!" XD I love that wretched little pest, though. He is so adorable, even on the days he won't listen to ANYTHING I say. I think he likes hearing the word "no"!! LOL. It could be that he's just over 2 years old and the others are 5 and 8, respectively. But I don't remember Termite being so crazy and full of energy! Sometimes I call Twink "alien bug" (due to a burbling, clicking noise he likes to make while attempting to regulate me), or "flea" (due to his extreme leaping ability, which he uses freely, especially when it comes to getting on top of my head). He seems to adore being called these things as he fluffs up even more and his eyes shine (especially when I exclaim, "You nasty little alien bug!"). On second thought, he could also be part monkey as he loves to hang from my sleeve whenever I'm trying to do, well, anything. A special adventure is when I'm trying to do laundry - he will make sure to leap right into the basket on top of the clean clothes and make me chase him. Likewise on the duvet - he lives to leap down and race across it. I read in a birdy book somewhere that parrots have a mind of their own and that they won't just do whatever people tell them to - which made me laugh. NO KIDDING! XD Twink is a perfect example. He is extremely stubborn and willful, and he likes to try to tell other people what to do, including me. I LOVE to cuddle him against my face and kiss his tummy. He is so soft and fluffy. I adore him.

Twink.jpg

twink2.JPG

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine