• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

They're here!

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
And boy are they pretty. Both have been fully vetted, almost a living autopsy, the results of which are perfect. A little lack of gut flora so probiotics for a while. Skye had some impaction in his crop that the vet flushed for me. The vet has also noted a few deformed (bent) flights on Skye's right wing, probably from the nest but they are not causing any problems. All lab work came back clear, he was well happy to hand them over at 4pm yesterday. I picked them up this morning as I dropped Tau off for a full workdown.
There's a little twist with these two guys. Both breeders are BSGB registered and so keep meticulous papers and logs. Skye is a 5th generation descendant of a bird bred by my father. Aaaand Summer is a 6th generation descendant of another of my father's birds. How's that for canny? I have a little of my dad back in my life.
Ladies and Gents - meet the n00bs

Skye:
_20190729_152136.JPG

Summer:
_20190729_152630.JPG

And together:
_20190729_152332.JPG 3.JPG

I'm pleased to say I am over the moon!!

Last edited:

aqualover9

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Adriana
Awww they’re so cute together! I love their colors!! :heart2:

Leih

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
What cuties! Congrats!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Absolutely beautiful!!!

I just love that both of these birds are descendants of your fathers birds. It´s so heart warming.❤

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Such a nice surprise to find they are descendants from your father's birds, and how gorgeous they are :heart:!! Your vet does a much more throughout job than mine :wideyed:

Ripshod

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Your vet does a much more throughout job than mine
Trust me, I paid for his service. I had to, I've had too many upsets this past couple of years. These are MY birds, I'd rather pay something now to reduce the chances of a much larger bill later.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
What stunning birds.

JoJo&Loki

Real Name
Kelly
They’re so beautiful :heart: I love their coloring and the names are perfect for them.
The fact that they are descendants of your fathers birds is crazy cool.
Also glad to hear they are in great health, you’ve been through so much you deserve some happiness.

Please continue to post more pics of these gorgeous babies... and welcome to AA Skye and Summer!
:hug8:

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Trust me, I paid for his service. I had to, I've had too many upsets this past couple of years. These are MY birds, I'd rather pay something now to reduce the chances of a much larger bill later.
Well, I'm sure you did, I paid mine too but for the price I would have expected something like what your vet did..

Ripshod

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Thanks everyone. The photos really don't do them any justice TBH. Skye is actually violet.
I hope Tau is OK
Tau has gone in for an assessment to see if he actually needs any drugs to control Seizures. It's a while since his last one so fingers crossed. He'll be assessed for his brain damage too. I have a funny feeling the vet may say clipping is for the best. Hope not :angel1:

Cat The Great

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Caitlyn
Skye and Summer are gorgeous! :heart::heart: I am sorry to hear about Tau. :( Does the vet have any idea what's wrong with him? I hope he will be okay.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
They are both beautiful. Interesting that they are descendants of your dad's birds.

AzKhaleesi

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Heather
Lol I showed my daughter this post. She is super excited about Skye. Probably because my daughter's name is Skye. :giggle:

Ripshod

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Skye and Summer are gorgeous! :heart::heart: I am sorry to hear about Tau. :( Does the vet have any idea what's wrong with him? I hope he will be okay.
He did suffer a lot of damage in a MEGA night fright. We're suspecting some brain damage from his severe head injury, plus he's been showing a lot of strange behaviour. His last fright involved a seizure and since then he attacks anything around him, including his wings. He spooks himself so much. He may also be partially blind which would help explain him spooking easily.

Last edited: