• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

They took away all my crackatoo friends! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

samccormack

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Scott
I had quite a collection of crackatoo friends at the local bird store. There was Lilly (C2), Rosie (C2), Crash (LSC2), Annabelle (M2), and Rose (M2). These gals had all been there for quite some time and I would take them all out and cuddle them for a while when I was there (Well not Crash, he was mean). I really liked Annabelle as she was a super sweet M2 that just wanted to be held and never had a tude...

I went in this weekend and all my crackatoo friends were gone!!! :( Apparently someone came in who has a large outdoor aviary and offered to adopt all of them. I'm personally sad I won't get to see them anymore but considering they were unlikely to go to a good home anytime soon this was an awesome outcome for them. Crash has been there for at least 3 years (he has been there since I got Topper in April of 07!) and Lilly and Rosie had been there since last summer.

At least I still have Montie (MSC2), and Kokie (BE2) there (until someone adopts them) and I made friends with a CAG that really liked getting scritchies...

Nikki

Hit the Road
Real Name
Nikki
I'm sorry your friends are gone :hug8: but happy :yah: they are going to what sounds like a wonderful place to live.

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
that is wonderful that they all found a home. You will now have to devote your time to the new comers :)

MollyMouse

Biking along the boulevard
Sounds like they are going to a good place. I know you will miss them though :hug8:

Billie Faye

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
I'm sorry that you are missing your "bird friends" but glad they found a outdoor avairy to go to...did they tell you where? Like maybe you could go visit????? I know you don't drive but maybe a friend could take you there????:hug8::heart:

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Oh wow, Scott! I'm sorry for you but so very happy for them. Maybe you can leave your phone number at the store for them to pass on to the people who have them in case they can call you with an update?

igors mum

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
deb
thought at first someone took topper and elima away from you, glad the others found what sounds like a great home. sorry you dont get to see them though.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
I am glad they are going to a good home Scott.

Daisy's Mom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
Oh wow, Scott! I'm sorry for you but so very happy for them. Maybe you can leave your phone number at the store for them to pass on to the people who have them in case they can call you with an update?
Oh this is a great idea!! And I think thats wonderful that they found homes :)

Skyler

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
I hope you get to see them in their new home.

Status
Not open for further replies.