• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The White-backed mousers have an egg!

Status
Not open for further replies.

srtiels

Ripping up the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Susanne
Fruity!!!

Call them Juicy Fruit Babiez. :hehe:

JFB ;)
-------------------------------------------
That would be a good name for one:lol:I have one called Double Stuff, like the Oreo cookie :)

Missi

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Missi
Susanne, I haev gobs & GOBS of flowering aloe! When I come to pick up my future mouser, I can bring you several. They shoot off like rabbits have bunnies! :cool1:
--------------------------------------------------

You do? WOW,...yes I would love some.
I'll bring you a whole parent plant with its babies. I'm serious, they'll spread like weeds. They spread WAY more quickly than my snake plants! The Naples Zoo was build on an old botanical gardens. They keep after the plants nicely & propagate & sell many of them...that is where I got a ton of my tropicals from! Need some bromeliads or ti plants? I can give you those too! I could go on & on & on...I love plants as much as animals :swoon:

----------------------------

The white-backed average 10 days from the time they incubate until they hatch. The first egg was layed the 18th , so the 28th ot shortly after there should be a little one. They are TINY when they hatch....about the size of a bumblebee
Oh MY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Precious loves :heart: *dies of cuteness overload*

srtiels

Ripping up the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Susanne
Wow...I looked at your album. Beautiful plants. Your aloe looked similar to the one that I fed the blooms to the WB. Of interest to a mousebird would be the papaya when it fruits.

srtiels

Ripping up the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Susanne
They spread WAY more quickly than my snake plants!
-----------------------------------------------

What is the scientic name for the snake plants. While searching for plants for the mousers one came up that looked similar to them.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Troy just brought me some snake plants recently that were getting thrown away. One sliced my finger a tiny bit, next thing I knew it was itching real bad and I had tiny welts. I think they have a poison.
Missi, what the heck kind of freaky dog is Andrew?:D

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole

Missi, what the heck kind of freaky dog is Andrew?:D
:omg:..I just found his photo album. You must tell us more about him! If there was ever a dog that shows the exact two types that went into his making...Andrew has to be it!
Chinese hairless and boston terrier mix...unbelievable!!:eek::heart:
You must bring him when we get to have our outing!!

Last edited:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
---

What is the scientic name for the snake plants.
Common name: "Snake Plant" or "Mother-in-Law Tongue"
Latin name:
Sanseveria trifasciata 'Laruentii'

Missi

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Missi
Wow...I looked at your album. Beautiful plants. Your aloe looked similar to the one that I fed the blooms to the WB. Of interest to a mousebird would be the papaya when it fruits.
UNFORTUNATLEY, the frost last winter killed ALL of my papaya trees :( The previous owners of my house had planted about 15 of them. They're all gone now, dangit! Although, papaya is a pretty common landscape plant in medians here in Naples :p Pull on over, turn on flashers, jump on out...:hehe:

They spread WAY more quickly than my snake plants!
-----------------------------------------------

What is the scientic name for the snake plants. While searching for plants for the mousers one came up that looked similar to them.
PlantFiles: Detailed information on Snake Plant, Mother-in-Law's Tongue Sansevieria trifasciata

:omg:..I just found his photo album. You must tell us more about him! If there was ever a dog that shows the exact two types that went into his making...Andrew has to be it!
Chinese hairless and boston terrier mix...unbelievable!!:eek::heart:
You must bring him when we get to have our outing!!
Isn't Andrew amazing?! I found him on Petfinder.com & ended up adopting him from a Chinese crested rescue in Tampa. I have 2 purebred cresteds but Andrew is just the most amazing dog ever :swoon: If you would like, I'll certainly bring him along! He LOVES road trips! :dancing:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
He's incredible!:heart: Do you have cool iris? It's a neat way to view your photos.

Last edited:

srtiels

Ripping up the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Susanne
Sanseveria trifasciata 'Laruentii'
---------------------------------

The word Sanseveria is familiar in reading in regards to mousers. OOPS!..I looked again and it is sanseviera robasta fruit they eat.

As to Papaya, they are easy to grow. Just save the seeds (even fresh) and pop them in the dirt and they will grow.

srtiels

Ripping up the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Susanne
Just fed all the mousers. The WB really like the aloe chunks. The stuff looks like cubes of clear jello. So if they eat the processed stuff they will probably eat fresh peeled aloe too. The BN ate it too, but did not pounce on it as fast as the WB.

aracari1

Moving in
Real Name
GG
Everyone together now, a big " AWWW!"
Mousies are great. They are SMART too, "the underestimated, high on the 'cute factor' undiscovered pet bird!"

srtiels

Ripping up the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Susanne
Everyone together now, a big " AWWW!"
Mousies are great. They are SMART too, "the underestimated, high on the 'cute factor' undiscovered pet bird!"
----------------------------------

LOL...my husband says they are the PERFECT bird.

I'm glad to see you here :)

aracari1

Moving in
Real Name
GG
Did you say fresh aloe? I have some in the back yard. This would make sense because it is from Africa.
THANKs ( I still promise to email you, hectic week..ugh)
G

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
UNFORTUNATLEY, the frost last winter killed ALL of my papaya trees :( The previous owners of my house had planted about 15 of them. They're all gone now, dangit! Although, papaya is a pretty common landscape plant in medians here in Naples :p Pull on over, turn on flashers, jump on out...:hehe:

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/431/
glad I am not the only one (have a small shovel and bucket in the back of the truck :lol:)

robin's my baby

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
sarah
yay...also how many times do you let them breed a year

Status
Not open for further replies.