• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The Screaming Parrot: audio resource library

Feather

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
It is really barebones at the moment and I have more files to upload when I have the chance to format them correctly, but in the meantime I wanted to share what I've started with all of you.

I hope it gains enough traction that it can become a valuable resource. :D If you'd like to contribute, you can also send clips to me right here on AA.

NightOwls

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Lol, I played the first one and scared the cats...

TheBirds

Sprinting down the street
This is SUPER COOL! A clever idea indeed, @Feather :) I'd love to provide an audio clip of my Lovies (before anyone else foolishly thinks their small size must belie the volume of their calls), what's the best file format? Must it be a single bird or can it be multiples in the recording?

BirdWorld

I'd be curious to hear a sun conure and cockatoo. I have met a moluccan but she was pretty quiet surprisingly...

Feather

Avenue Veteran
This is SUPER COOL! A clever idea indeed, @Feather :) I'd love to provide an audio clip of my Lovies (before anyone else foolishly thinks their small size must belie the volume of their calls), what's the best file format? Must it be a single bird or can it be multiples in the recording?
Single bird is preferable, but I'll also be posting audio of flocks. I can use any audio or video file type.

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Next time I go to the bird store I’ll try to get a recording of Rebecca (greenwing) or Clifford’s (U2) screams :D
Rebecca is very loud but the many tiels in the store always calling are usually more earsplitting than she is :lol:
(Deeper sound vs high pitched sounds)

The tiels don’t make a lot of noise. Oreo whistles and Nacho sometimes follows him/her along. They don’t yell/make really loud calls often, but when they do it leaves the very slightest ring in your ear for a few seconds.

Kiwi rarely yells, and even when he does it’s not that loud. It’s much louder when two budgies are having a scream fest :roflmao:

Aves

I'd be curious to hear a sun conure and cockatoo. I have met a moluccan but she was pretty quiet surprisingly...
Sun conures are SO loud! They used to have sun conures at a pet store by me, and everytime I went in they'd scream and scream and scream... and I would almost get a headache... :grumpy:

Monaco

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
How do I give you monaco's distress call? I put it on ig to link here.

Ripshod

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Does it have to be a scream? It's not a scream but I have a great recording of a budgie bonding and (ahem) getting intimate with a mobile phone - twice! :lol:

Feather

Avenue Veteran
Does it have to be a scream? It's not a scream but I have a great recording of a budgie bonding and (ahem) getting intimate with a mobile phone - twice! :lol:
Nope, any pet bird sounds are good so long as you're okay with them being released under creative commons. The secondary purpose of this library is to allow people to use the audio in creative projects.

How do I give you monaco's distress call? I put it on ig to link here.
So long as it's a format I am able to access and listen to, I can rip the audio.

Zonlover

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Rebecca
Can't wait for some Amazons to join the noise-fest!

Khizz

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I just uploaded audio of Jeff doing his car alarm impression (his springtime favourite, always a hit with the ladies) and some general afternoon screaming :rolleyes: