• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The Pionus Diaries: The Max & Yoshi Story

Ella.pi

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
They're going to have plenty of room in there. :bounce3: Can't wait to see it finished!

jh81

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jan
Ive done some testing :)

ofcourse they cant stay here when im not around, but they did have at least one full hour of fun :)

Unfortunatly, my dad ended up in the hospital with a heartattack yesterday, and they also discovered he has Covid-19, so my world has been pretty rough the past few hours, i probably wont finish the birdroom anytime soon :(

Attachments

jh81

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jan
Thank you! It could have been a lot worse, so we are thankful for every small victory we get :)

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
So sorry Jan. :(

scrape

Celebirdy of the Month
Ive done some testing :)

ofcourse they cant stay here when im not around, but they did have at least one full hour of fun :)

Unfortunatly, my dad ended up in the hospital with a heartattack yesterday, and they also discovered he has Covid-19, so my world has been pretty rough the past few hours, i probably wont finish the birdroom anytime soon :(
I'm so sorry! I hope things work out!:(
On the other side, the birds look so happy! I can just tell how grateful they are!

Ella.pi

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
That's awfull... sending you and your dad lots of healing thoughts and strength. :sadhug:

I love that huge branch as much as they seem to!

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Well I'm sorry to hear about your dad so lets hope they can fix him up again. Just hang in there and do the best you can :bluhug:

jh81

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jan
They really seem to enjoy it indeed, since im away so much atm, i decided to leave them in the room. The webcam is on ofcourse so i can check in regulary. They dont seem to fly as much as i would have thought. They do move along the branches and the exploring is fun to watch :) My father watches them from the hospital, im glad they can be of service :heart:

on that note, hes doing better. But all the drinking and smoking hasnt done him much good. He has a lung infection so he wont be home any time soon :( Because both he and my mother are eehh.. “low on IQ“ if that makes any sense? There’s a lot on my shoulders :(

on a sidenote, Max steps up :) and i gave hi a headscritch! Just once, because we both seems a bit perplex but its a nice thing to linger on these days :heart:

thank you all for the kind words! They are much apreciated :heart:

scrape

Celebirdy of the Month
They really seem to enjoy it indeed, since im away so much atm, i decided to leave them in the room. The webcam is on ofcourse so i can check in regulary. They dont seem to fly as much as i would have thought. They do move along the branches and the exploring is fun to watch :) My father watches them from the hospital, im glad they can be of service :heart:

on that note, hes doing better. But all the drinking and smoking hasnt done him much good. He has a lung infection so he wont be home any time soon :( Because both he and my mother are eehh.. “low on IQ“ if that makes any sense? There’s a lot on my shoulders :(

on a sidenote, Max steps up :) and i gave hi a headscritch! Just once, because we both seems a bit perplex but its a nice thing to linger on these days :heart:

thank you all for the kind words! They are much apreciated :heart:
Take care :( :heart:

jh81

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jan
I was reading back this thread :) its not too long ago i got them, and the progress has been amazing :)

Yoshi stepped up today, she’s becoming a better flyer every day, and now with their own room she actually has to do work to get to food :) Still, she’s not the flyer Max is, but i suspect she saw him stepping up, and now she too stepped up! I hope its not a one-time event!

Max has been on my shoulder most of today, it reminded me of Kaya :(
With the difference that Max really not not want a lot of my attention, he seems very content just to sit and watch what i do. At times i almost forgot he was there :)

Attachments

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Nerd used to love to sit beside me at the computer desk on the open drawer and snooze, get the occasional scritch, and just hang out watching me do things.

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sounds like everyone is doing well! Leia has two moods: either on the look out for trouble or quietly hanging out and observing things.

jh81

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jan
The absense of “trouble“ does worry me a bit... they arent really active, they just.. are..

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Oh, when they get comfy enough IF they're like Dobby they will start finding things to do /chomp. Nerd always had certain things and spots he liked to play with or chew, Lurch was kinda the same so it was easier to plan for, protect, and just know that certain spots would get chewed and crapped on. Dobby is like
Leia, I must find new things to get into. He's always sneaking away and finding he can reach some new forbidden thing to destroy.
We've had to put on plastic corner protectors and we're thinking of putting some kind of pigeon protectors that won't hurt him on the top of the new TV. We have found putting old thin pieces of cardboard box under the towels on the back of the recliner he loves keeps him busy so he doesn't hole punch the towels and blankets as bad.

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Leia likes chewing through curtain rings and has worked out how to unhook the curtain hooks. A fun evening game is to sit on the curtain rail, unhook the hooks and throw them on the ground. Will they bounce? We'll just have to see! Abseiling down the curtain is also a fun game.

The other day she saw me refill her pellet tub from the big bag of food I keep in a cupboard. She's now on a mission to get into the cupboard. She also very much likes to climb up my anglepoise desk lamp and would dearly love to try chewing on the wire (not something she's allowed to do so she gets promptly removed before she can get near the wire), or lurk on top of a dresser and chew the top of that. The dresser belongs to my landlord so I've had to drape an old curtain over it to prevent her from chewing the wood. She also likes to fly after me when I go to the kitchen and stomp around on top of the upper kitchen cabinets, and run away when I try to retrieve her. There are many opportunities for trouble!

I especially like the little mischievous glint in her eyes. I can see her smile.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
:roflmao: Dobby always has that same little gleam in his eye has we tell him to stop chewing the towel and he takes two more chomps just for good measure before running off...:xflove:

jh81

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jan
So.. this is where i get a bit jealous..

I went to visit my mom, because my dad is hospitalized again. I decided to bring Max along, he is tame enough and spends a lot of time on my shoulder.

now, i have to tell you, my brother is over and he‘s terrified for everything bigger then the average fly.
Max spend 15 minutes on my shoulder, flew off to my brother. Naturally i removed Max. Max flew back, and for the past 20 minutes hes been with my brother, while my brother is doing the dishes :|

I’m so jealous...

Birdie Mama

Mayor of the Avenue
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
He is just trying to prove to your brother that things bigger than a fly wont hurt him :D

and to show you he is an independent bird of the new millennium! :laughing7: